What exactly is the new "competency based" education?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBiologist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
title

Members don't see this ad.

If you are referring to the core competencies for admissions, Einstein Medical School has an extensive discussion of this
Course Requirements | M.D. Admissions | Albert Einstein College of Medicine
If you are referring to the educational competences for medical students, Einstein explains that as well
Einstein Educational Competencies | M.D. Program | Albert Einstein College of Medicine
What up with this line? MCATs? Really?...

MCATS
  • All applicants must take the MCATs not later than September of the year preceding matriculation and not earlier than three years prior to application (2012).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What up with this line? MCATs? Really?...

MCATS
  • All applicants must take the MCATs not later than September of the year preceding matriculation and not earlier than three years prior to application (2012).
:D fail

What up with this line? MCATs? Really?... MCATS
  • All applicants must take the MCATs
:smack: To @ G wrong: AAMC_MCAT Twitter handle (no s), AAMC site (no s), AAMC ...

Just in case you want to argue (again), here's the pic of their site... notice, no (s) - it's a pet peeve of mine, always sounds so... unintelligent.

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-08-22%2Bat%2B9.21.45%2BPM.png

You will be taking your "boards" if you are lucky enough to make it to medical school. I would suggest that you may want to be of the mindset that "MCATs" is the proper form and hope you will get to that point
Really, it's proper form? I was always under the impression that the addition of (s) to MCAT was incorrect. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Really, it's proper form? I was always under the impression that the addition of (s) to MCAT was incorrect. :shrug:
He must know something the AAMC doesn't know ... :laugh:

I think that you guys have bigger fish to fry than MCAT vs MCATs.
You don't like alot, MCATs is likewise incorrect and a pet peeve :love: