What exactly is the process of dental school admissions from the schools' side?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rvting

Reaction score
By this I mean, the student submits all of their paperwork on time, what are some of the first moves the school takes from there onward?

Is the urban myth true the school well just filter out certain students based on scores/GPA without care of personal statement, hours or any other factor?

Also, how do dental schools really check shadowing/volunteer hours? I see people claiming they have 700+ hours and unless they worked at a dental office I kinda wanna call BS, especially during the pandemic before the vaccine. I see bunch of people saying they shadowed at a relative's office, that can't be allowed can it?
Are highschool shadowing hours allowed to be used, I've been told no before?

Members don't see this ad.

By this I mean, the student submits all of their paperwork on time, what are some of the first moves the school takes from there onward?

Is the urban myth true the school well just filter out certain students based on scores/GPA without care of personal statement, hours or any other factor?

Also, how do dental schools really check shadowing/volunteer hours? I see people claiming they have 700+ hours and unless they worked at a dental office I kinda wanna call BS, especially during the pandemic before the vaccine. I see bunch of people saying they shadowed at a relative's office, that can't be allowed can it?
Are highschool shadowing hours allowed to be used, I've been told no before?
it's not an urban myth if it's true...
some schools do filter out by gpa and dat scores, others are more holistic
shadowing/volunteer hours are by honor system, so relatives offices are ok, but many schools would prefer you see a wide range of offices, so you can see a clearer picture of dentistry rather than just one viewpoint
extracurricular activities should be after high school only...

Reactions: 1 users