What form did you have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. Z

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody else have form DH? I found the verbal to be pretty hard, but not overly so. The physical section wasn't bad, very similar to aamc practice tests. The bio section was F*$#ing impossible, and that was supposed to be one of my stronger sections.

Damn! I need a drink:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Form AT:

MCAT Blows. That pretty much sums up my experience.

Verbal: Sucked (Henry James & James Joyce can go to hell)
Phyiscal: Sucked (hated that radiation passage)
BIO: Really Sucked (damn you genetics)

Damn two months of my life down the freakin drain.

FG

fukin pos test. Bio was rough on me as well. Verbal and ps were so so

I had form DG,

verbal was harder then any aamc practice test

physical as hard or equal to a aamc practice

bio i thought was the best, i rocked that section

Members don't see this ad :)
i had form EG.....verbal and bio were ok. Actually bio was pretty easy. Physical was hard as ****.

I had form BG

Verbal was bad, but not by too much.
Physical was pretty bad, but not as much as Bio

Alot of the stuff I thought wouldn't be on it was on it, especially on the bio (EKG....)(gene transferance...)

Is anyone else exhausted to the point where you can't even think straight anymore?

I had form DG

I didn't think verbal was that bad
The PS seemed rather simple (well atleast the part that I finished)
BS freakin BLEW!!! out of the 11 full lengths I have taken (including April MCAT) it was the most difficult by far.

I felt I was much more prepared for this MCAT as oppsed to April. But I think this version was much more difficult so who knows

Form BG

Verbal - average difficulty
Physical - above average difficulty
Bio - would anger my physiology teacher

Form: CP

Verbal was difficult-- more so than any of the Kaplan or AAMC tests I took

PS was as on par with the more difficult Kaplan PS's

Bio was the easiest of the three sections.

Hopefully others thought this test was difficult as well-- I need a friendly curve. I'd been scoring around 28 on Kaplan tests, for reference. Hope I did that or a little better today.

What did ya'll think of CP?

I had BT.

Verbal wasn't that bad but I cound't get myself to focus.
PS: Basicly had all the topics I struggle with and none of my strongpoints. But they managed to throw in waves and electric fields a plenty. And I cound't for the life of me figure out how to work that water gauge passage.
Bio: wasn't to bad but could of done better if I didn't keep losing my focus. The first passage scared the hell out of me. It had some funky EKG graph. The rest wasn't to bad. Lost of genetics but thats ok since i had genetics last year. That and there seemed to be more nmr then usual.

Anybody get the passage with the circuit, where they ask what the graph Voltage vs distance will look like if you move the two resistors apart? if so what was the answer?

Form FM

BIO SUCKED! The hardest I've taken (compared to Kaplan, TPR, and AAMC)

Verbal ok

Physical pretty easy

Form AM..

Verbal: not bad at all.
Physical: decently challenging
Bio: piece of shi$ lac operon can kiss my ass! overall, not horrible.

peace,
biffer

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of the lac operon what did everyone put for that question dealing with the mutation that caused the I to behave like an I mutant? Not the exact wording.

I had a hard time choosing between the choices of mutation on the I segment or the O segment. I chose the I segment but something inside of me says that answer choice was way to easy. And I know that the I protein attaches to the O segment so that leaves me to beleive that the mutation could have been on the O segemnt.

Anybody know what I am babbling about?

FG--- AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaargh!!

As I left the test, I was seriously considering alternate careers because, no matter how many times you take this stupid test, they just want you to fail. Verbal was soooooooooo hard. I always get to the 9th passage, today (of course on the day of the real thing), I am at the 7th when 5 mins is called!! Phy was ok. But BIO!!! Oooooooooooooh my god. The hardest bio I have ever seen, and I have seen many in the past 2 months!! I hate this stupid test. I really dont think its gonna happen for me.

I had BG

Verbal - Not too bad, the one on public speaking in front of your friends was real tricky though. ALthough verbal is the only section I get 12's on so I think i did ok.

Physical - F-ing impossible, bombed it, no doubt about it. I didn't realize we needed to memorize Planck's constant. woops. Plus they got real tricky with Red Potentials.

Bio - Not bad, but the 2nd to last section, no idea what was happening, i think i was asleep during it.

Does anyone else think that though Kaplan tests might be "harder" in terms of material, they don't give you as many seductive answers as AAMC does. Every answer on the damn test looks like it might be right, that is bull ****. Whatever, I'm gonna get a drink..

BT Also...

Fortunately I'd been over-exposed to the EKG thing someone else was talking about. Verbal wasn't bad, but some of the questions were hard to be sure of. To be honest, I don't even really remember what was on the physics.

Now its drinking time.

Hi all.... o.k this is the most pathetic thing... because I managed in all the other sections but I literally flunked the essay portion... well one of them anywayssss.... doing bad on the essay is unheard off? I can't believe it..... well these two months I totally neglected the essay portion... I'm praying for an O or P

It's over every one

:p

Form EK wasn't that bad - the verbal and bio weren't bad at all, but I'm not sure about the physical science section. Time for a margarita!

So jealous of predental students. They get their test graded on the spot. Then again if I got my socre and it was bad I probably would of wrecked my car on the way home.

Oh and ocean11 don't worry to much about the writting section. I know a guy who got accepted two weeks after his interview and he got an L on the writing section.

Form FH

Verbal was somewhat long with a few hard questions while PS was pretty straightforward with a few easy calculations. BS was mainly bio with only 3? orgo passages.

Form AH:

Verbal was ok but had so many more tricky questions than I'm used to.

Physical Sciences was a joke except for a question or two.

Bio section was the hardest that I've ever taken (which includes about 8 practice tests and the April sitting).

I really don't know what to expect - it could be really good or really bad.

Verbal was kinda hard...I thought the passages were harder than any of the practice tests

Physical Sciences-not too bad

Bio-not bad at all

Form AG:

Verbal - decent
Physical - ran out of time for the first time in my life
Biology - decent but with some random **** & lots of genetics

UCLA Paratrooper

PS...I NEVER want to take that test again!

Originally posted by UCLA Paratrooper
Form AG:

Verbal - decent
Physical - ran out of time for the first time in my life
Biology - decent but with some random **** & lots of genetics

UCLA Paratrooper

PS...I NEVER want to take that test again!

I definitely hear you!

I had BP and the verbal was hard, the physical was not bad, but the bio was hella hard. I usually do well on the bio, but this one just wasn't coming to me. I tell myself, only this one is hard, the next passage will be better, but it wasn't! Dam MCAT!! But for now, I am just glad its over!

Form AG

Verbal: Deceptively easy

Physical: F#$@ing ridiculous!! I'm not even sure I studied the same chemistry.

Bio: This was akin to shoving hot sewing needles into my infected eyeballs. I think there was about 5 answers that I felt relatively comfortable with and this is supposed to be my strongest subject. The question about the benzene ring and the C13 NMR was totally f$%^#ed. What was the BS about the "reflux" reaction?

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in order to answer these questions short of getting PhD's in Chemistry, Physics and Molecular Biology.

I'm convinced that the MCAT can only be mastered by anti-social, physically weakened geeks.

I feel better after reading the posts. I am trying to figuire out what test form I had. Anyone have AT? I cant even remember How sad is that. Months of studying and I dont know my name. In the biology section with the jogger and the whole graph was about the heart? Anyone know what I am talking about. I Ran out of time for verbal. At this point I dont care anymore, maybe the curve will be really low. I hope I hope.

Eschnapp,

You definitely had form AT - I did too and I found it terrible. I found the practice exams pretty good, but form AT was brutal. The verbal section was crap and I was really pressed for time for the first time EVER in verbal. Physics - I guessed for 80% of ques it seemed. Bio was so-so. More genetics than I was expecting. My brain was totally fried by the time I got to Bio, so I can't judge how it was really.

:confused: Mimi

Originally posted by Toejam
Form AG

Verbal: Deceptively easy

The question about the benzene ring and the C13 NMR was totally f$%^#ed. What was the BS about the "reflux" reaction?

I'm convinced that the MCAT can only be mastered by anti-social, physically weakened geeks.

I remember putting 4 for the C13 NMR. I forget my method of thinking for that answer.
As for reflux, isn't that just boiling a solution? I remember saying the temp was higher then that of the reactants mixture. Not to sure because I never saw anything about reflux reactions while I was reviewing.

CG...anyone else?

I thought verbal was okay and physical was okay but I spent so much time reviewing physics (which there wasn't much of on my form) and didn't review Ochem enough!!! Ouch.

CH

Actually, it was better than I expected.

Verbal random as usual (the curve btw 11-15 is so steep that there's no way of knowing anyway).

PS great for me, but it depends: essentially optics, magnetism and electrostatics - sucks if you're a Newton person.

What made my day was BS: the little orgo that was on it was a joke :clap: :clap: Just what I need! Bio had some ridiculous trivia, but for some reason I happened to know it.

Not too bad, all in all.
(now wait till I post after I actually get my scores,,,:rolleyes: )

Did anybody else's proctors refuse to write the time when we had to be done, saying AAMC told them not to do so:confused: :confused:

Hi guys,

I think that the test forms comes in A, B, C, D, or E, maybe F.

ANd the 2nd letter is just dependent on where you take it...if you didn't notice. Just thought I'd let you all know...

- Jane (Focus' friend)

P.S. I had EK by the way...so if someone else had EK, you were probably near or at my test center..I think. Anyways. Verbal was avg, Physical sciences was hard, Bio was good.

I had the C13 NMR question on BT also...

I put 4, using totally random logic.

Well, at least now I've got my jack and coke...
Thank God this MCAT stuff is over, and at least it sounds like everyone had a hard test.

Originally posted by Focus
Hi guys,

ANd the 2nd letter is just dependent on where you take it...if you didn't notice. Just thought I'd let you all know...

- Jane (Focus' friend

So all E forms would be the same test, no matter whether they are EK, EG, or whatever?

Originally posted by Focus
Hi guys,

- Jane (Focus' friend)

P.S. I had EK by the way...so if someone else had EK, you were probably near or at my test center..I think. Anyways. Verbal was avg, Physical sciences was hard, Bio was good.

I don't think that's true...I took it in san diego and there are people with "g"s for second letters in kansas, ny, etc!

I don't think that's true...I had CP, but based on reading the above description of test CH by another poster, these were NOT the same test!

My opinions on CP:
Verbal was average, nothing too horrible.
Physical was just evil...I was guessing left and right, and I felt that I was well-prepared.
Biological Sci was not bad at all, possibly the easiest of the three.
I guess we'll see how true these are in a couple of months...:p

I had CP...

verbal was kinda tough... just some fairly long passages.

ps was pretty similar to aamc stuff

bio was a joke... hardly any orgo.

but... ill have to wait a few weeks to see if it was really as easy as i think.

Logic and rationality don't belong in the same sentence with AAMC and AMCAS.

NOW DO PPL BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAID THE MCATS WON'T BE AS EASY AS AAMC PRACTICE TESTS???

ppl were all being optimistic and saying that it won't be as hard as those, that it'll be as easy as aamc.

well hope everyone did fine nonetheless.

So, is it all really relative? I mean, this MCAT sucked for me (except for maybe the verbal, but I thought that verbal wasn't so tough last time and I bombed it), but I'm hoping that it really doesn't matter because if it sucked for me, chances are that it sucked for a lot of other people. True?

I'm still having a hard time believing that everything I saw on that test today could be answered correctly with the information I learned in basic bio, chem and physics.

Originally posted by dr kevin40
NOW DO PPL BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAID THE MCATS WON'T BE AS EASY AS AAMC PRACTICE TESTS???

ppl were all being optimistic and saying that it won't be as hard as those, that it'll be as easy as aamc.

well hope everyone did fine nonetheless.

You were sooo right! The version I got was freaking hard!!!!+pissed+ It was 10x harder than any AAMC practice test! :(

I had AT, and I thought it was ok. However, the test had alot of problems that required a good comprehension of the passage and not too much background. I hope there is a phat curve, just in case. I know someone who voided her AT, so i guess it was really intimidating.

I had BG. I thought all the sections were do-able. Now, after reading most of the posts, I'm second-guessing myself. Physical was similar in tone to AAMC III, a lot of math. I wonder how good intuition is.

Kids. It's over. Why the freak are you sitting in front of your computer? Nothing can be changed now. Pick your life back up, dust it off, and live it, yo. :) Even if some of us (I took it too) didn't do as well as we wanted to, you're DONE. Now go out and PARTY or SLEEP. That's an order. All of you. :)

I had form BP.

Are the forms really different or just the same questions in a different order? I read through the posts and my form had all of the questions mentioned, lac operon, EKG, reflux, C13 NMR, public speaking passage etc....

I though VR was close to AAMC VI in difficulty. I thought the PS and BS sections were a little easier than the practice tests.

Who else thought it was ridiculous that on BS and PS the questions were on the backside of the page with the passage? This made answering questions involving graphs, structures etc. really difficult.

I had form EK

Verbal was real rough for me. Didn't finish two passages, which is about par for the course for me, and the ones I did finish were rough.

Physical Sciences was what I expected, but as soon as I think I did ok... the score comes back as a 3. So I'll try and restrain from jinxing myself.

Bio-Sciences was real tough. O-chem was average, but average O-chem kicks my a$$ too. Bio questions seemed much harder then the last time I took the test, and the Kaplan practice tests.

Just glad that thing is over with, time for a beer! :)