what forums do the "grown-ups" read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kitska

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you participate on the audiology forums that practicing audiologists read? If so, what are they? I have never been able to find them just through Google, but I think they are out there. Do they allow students?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm unaware of any active forum. It seems that most of the online discussion among professionals is via email listserv. It could be a fun project for the future when we become non-students.

I'm unaware of any active forum. It seems that most of the online discussion among professionals is via email listserv. It could be a fun project for the future when we become non-students.

Let's do this, gimme about a year :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I volunteer to research what is out there currently and report back. So far I have found out that AAA used to have the SoundOff forum, but it's temporarily suspended to be replaced with something better that was discussed at the AAA meeting, but I don't know what that is. I suppose it is in the program somewhere.

ASHA has several discussion boards but I have never seen much traffic on them at all. I know that this is one of the first results on google when one searches audiology forums. That is how I found it. There is also hearingaidforums.com. I have not been on it a whole lot, but that is very consumer driven with some professionals on there. I have only commented on a few posts there and don't regularly check it. I agree Dusty, I think it is a lot of listservs. I was on the Educational Audiology Association listserv for a while and found it to be somewhat interesting. I also think there is an ADA listserv, but I'm not positive on that.