what fruit u resemble and why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neopentane

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
there was another thread about animal, so i thought why not fruit.....

actually i know someone who was asked this ?......

so how would u respond?

Members don't see this ad.

lol, today in my speech class, my teacher gave an assignment that contains this question "what animal are you most like?"

well, the fruit I'm most like is hmmm *thinks thinks*
maybe mango, longan, lychee, honey dew, ummmm i'm not sure.

btw, i have a feeling that this thread will be moved to the lounge when a mod or an admin sees this. <__<

lol, today in my speech class, my teacher gave an assignment that contains this question "what animal are you most like?"

well, the fruit I'm most like is hmmm *thinks thinks*
maybe mango, longan, lychee, honey dew, ummmm i'm not sure.

btw, i have a feeling that this thread will be moved to the lounge when a mod or an admin sees this. <__<

why? its a potential interview ?

Members don't see this ad :)
For some reason when you ask what fruit I resemble, I'm thinking of body shapes. I think this question is kind of perverted. :smuggrin:

For some reason when you ask what fruit I resemble, I'm thinking of body shapes. I think this question is kind of perverted. :smuggrin:

no ur thinking wrong.......

and i m not asking this.....someone was asked this at their interview.....u never know they might just ask u

apple in my eyes..hahaha

On a more serious note, if I was asked this question at the interview. I'd probably pick a fruit that is rough on the outside, but soft and sweet on the inside. Then you can go on and on to talk about your personality. For example: Durian, but that fruit stinks, so that wouldn't be something that I would pick. How about Jackfruit? LOL...this is just too funny

what the heck is a "lychee"? or a "durian" or "jackfruit"?

tropical fruits!!! do some google search!!! there are more fruits out there besides apples and oranges

Jackfruit;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackfruit

Lychee:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee

Durian:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

I love fresh jackfruit (nangka), especially cooked salted jackfruit seeds, and durian, especially durian monthong. *drools*

Too bad in the US, I can only find canned jackfruit in syrup (without seeds) >__<

lol, now I really wanna eat these fruits:
arum manis mangoes, longan, rambutan binjai, jackfruit seeds, etc

This topic has made me feel homesick again. =x

no ur thinking wrong.......

and i m not asking this.....someone was asked this at their interview.....u never know they might just ask u

No worries, I know you're not asking it. I was just joking around.

Well you specifically said "resemble" and this is problematic.

Resemblance implies shape. Most fruits are varied degrees of round, which is easily equated to rotund. The exception would be a banana. But if I say I resemble a banana, because I am not round, does it carry a phallic connotation?

Resemblance also implies color. Now that has so many racial overtones that I won't even go there.

So what the heck did you mean by "resemble"?

BTW, if I were asked this in an interview I would have to respond, <slowly turning my head to show my profile and raising my nose slightly> "Watermelon...don't you see it?"

Signed
The Peeled Banana

Resemblance implies shape. Most fruits are varied degrees of round, which is easily equated to rotund. The exception would be a banana. But if I say I resemble a banana, because I am not round, does it carry a phallic connotation?

Resemblance also implies color. Now that has so many racial overtones that I won't even go there.

BTW, if I were asked this in an interview I would have to respond, <slowly turning my head to show my profile and raising my nose slightly> "Watermelon...don't you see it?"

Signed
The Peeled Banana

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

resemble as in......umm not sure:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
apple in my eyes..hahaha

On a more serious note, if I was asked this question at the interview. I'd probably pick a fruit that is rough on the outside, but soft and sweet on the inside. Then you can go on and on to talk about your personality. For example: Durian, but that fruit stinks, so that wouldn't be something that I would pick. How about Jackfruit? LOL...this is just too funny

good one.....maybe a kiwi

On the flip side, I would've said something like a peach - soft/sweet on the outside but with a hard inner core (i.e. good personality/compassionate but also strong and determined). Since I'm originally from Georgia there may be a little bit of bias going on, too :)

Durian stinks up the whole fridge! I dread everytime my mom buys some because everything starts to smell like it. I don't mind the ice cream version of it though.

Signed
The Peeled Banana

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You're funny.

Signed
The Peeled Banana

Well, given these requirements, I'd say string bean. But only when I'm sick.(green):barf:

String bean is a fruit? lol

not in illinois. :)

Then I guess you've never been to China Town. When I'm in Chicago, I will personally take you to China Town and show you what a durian, jackfruit or lychee is.

Apple!!
An apple a day keeps the doctors away!! lol

Then I guess you've never been to China Town. When I'm in Chicago, I will personally take you to China Town and show you what a durian, jackfruit or lychee is.

sorry. i meant reallinois. (the part below I-80.) Chicago's like a whole other state. :)

apple in my eyes..hahaha

pinapple is rough on the outside and sweet on the inside :)

But I think it would be neat to come up with some fruit that they've never heard before. Pineapple, they already know what it looks and tastes like, but if you say Durian or Jackfruit...they'll be like, "what??" hahah

Pomegranate...I can only take life one small piece at a time

I wouldn't say Durian.. it smells lol