neopentane

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
there was another thread about animal, so i thought why not fruit.....

actually i know someone who was asked this ?......

so how would u respond?

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
lol, today in my speech class, my teacher gave an assignment that contains this question "what animal are you most like?"

well, the fruit I'm most like is hmmm *thinks thinks*
maybe mango, longan, lychee, honey dew, ummmm i'm not sure.

btw, i have a feeling that this thread will be moved to the lounge when a mod or an admin sees this. <__<

neopentane

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
lol, today in my speech class, my teacher gave an assignment that contains this question "what animal are you most like?"

well, the fruit I'm most like is hmmm *thinks thinks*
maybe mango, longan, lychee, honey dew, ummmm i'm not sure.

btw, i have a feeling that this thread will be moved to the lounge when a mod or an admin sees this. <__<

why? its a potential interview ?

About the Ads

ilovepharm

:sulindac is super cool:
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
For some reason when you ask what fruit I resemble, I'm thinking of body shapes. I think this question is kind of perverted. :smuggrin:

neopentane

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
For some reason when you ask what fruit I resemble, I'm thinking of body shapes. I think this question is kind of perverted. :smuggrin:

no ur thinking wrong.......

and i m not asking this.....someone was asked this at their interview.....u never know they might just ask u

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
apple in my eyes..hahaha

On a more serious note, if I was asked this question at the interview. I'd probably pick a fruit that is rough on the outside, but soft and sweet on the inside. Then you can go on and on to talk about your personality. For example: Durian, but that fruit stinks, so that wouldn't be something that I would pick. How about Jackfruit? LOL...this is just too funny

bsmspharmd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
what the heck is a "lychee"? or a "durian" or "jackfruit"?

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Jackfruit;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackfruit

Lychee:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee

Durian:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

I love fresh jackfruit (nangka), especially cooked salted jackfruit seeds, and durian, especially durian monthong. *drools*

Too bad in the US, I can only find canned jackfruit in syrup (without seeds) >__<

lol, now I really wanna eat these fruits:
arum manis mangoes, longan, rambutan binjai, jackfruit seeds, etc

This topic has made me feel homesick again. =x

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
no ur thinking wrong.......

and i m not asking this.....someone was asked this at their interview.....u never know they might just ask u

No worries, I know you're not asking it. I was just joking around.

ForcedEntry

Lilo got stitched
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Well you specifically said "resemble" and this is problematic.

Resemblance implies shape. Most fruits are varied degrees of round, which is easily equated to rotund. The exception would be a banana. But if I say I resemble a banana, because I am not round, does it carry a phallic connotation?

Resemblance also implies color. Now that has so many racial overtones that I won't even go there.

So what the heck did you mean by "resemble"?

BTW, if I were asked this in an interview I would have to respond, <slowly turning my head to show my profile and raising my nose slightly> "Watermelon...don't you see it?"

Signed
The Peeled Banana

neopentane

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)

Resemblance implies shape. Most fruits are varied degrees of round, which is easily equated to rotund. The exception would be a banana. But if I say I resemble a banana, because I am not round, does it carry a phallic connotation?

Resemblance also implies color. Now that has so many racial overtones that I won't even go there.

BTW, if I were asked this in an interview I would have to respond, <slowly turning my head to show my profile and raising my nose slightly> "Watermelon...don't you see it?"

Signed
The Peeled Banana

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

resemble as in......umm not sure:laugh:

About the Ads

neopentane

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
apple in my eyes..hahaha

On a more serious note, if I was asked this question at the interview. I'd probably pick a fruit that is rough on the outside, but soft and sweet on the inside. Then you can go on and on to talk about your personality. For example: Durian, but that fruit stinks, so that wouldn't be something that I would pick. How about Jackfruit? LOL...this is just too funny

good one.....maybe a kiwi

Julianne

War Eagle!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

On the flip side, I would've said something like a peach - soft/sweet on the outside but with a hard inner core (i.e. good personality/compassionate but also strong and determined). Since I'm originally from Georgia there may be a little bit of bias going on, too :)

Utterdevotion

Hopeful future pharmacist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Maryland
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Yumm Durian is pretty good, minus the smell which you get used to.
It's a nice acquired taste :)

I'd pick strawberries :)

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Durian stinks up the whole fridge! I dread everytime my mom buys some because everything starts to smell like it. I don't mind the ice cream version of it though.

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

Signed
The Peeled Banana

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You're funny.

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

Signed
The Peeled Banana

Well, given these requirements, I'd say string bean. But only when I'm sick.(green):barf:

About the Ads

bsmspharmd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Then I guess you've never been to China Town. When I'm in Chicago, I will personally take you to China Town and show you what a durian, jackfruit or lychee is.

sorry. i meant reallinois. (the part below I-80.) Chicago's like a whole other state. :)

bugslife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
apple in my eyes..hahaha

pinapple is rough on the outside and sweet on the inside :)

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
But I think it would be neat to come up with some fruit that they've never heard before. Pineapple, they already know what it looks and tastes like, but if you say Durian or Jackfruit...they'll be like, "what??" hahah

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.