What goes on at Second-Look Weekends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syranope2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all - I'm trying to decide if it's worth the time/money to go to a second-look weekend at the school I've already decided to attend. What all goes on at these weekends? Is it just more of trying to sell the school to people who haven't decided yet where they're going? Or is it more of a social gathering where you get to meet your new classmates? If it's the latter, I'd probably go, But since I already know that I'm attending this school, I don't want to spend the weekend being shown around the facilities, etc., again.

Actually, the more I think about it, this post probably belongs in allo. I'll post it there, too. but I'm sticking it in pre-allo just in case...

Members don't see this ad.

It is a mixture of both. I went to UTSW's second-look weekend for a chance to meet my future classmates. I looked at it as a way to hang around at the school again without feeling the pressure to perform. But yes, they do try to convince the undecided that they should attend their school. Second look weekends are also an opportunity to asks questions about issues ranging from financial aid to upcoming opportunities this summer.

I had a great time at the second-look weekend I attended, and I am sure you would have a wonderful time too!