Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What grades count towards BCPM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scota, Mar 28, 2004.

1. scota

scota Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I know it's bio, chem, math, and physics! But what I'm wondering is, do classes like "Intro. Bio" and "Intro. Chem" count towards the BCPM? I'm specifically talking about classes that serve as pre-reqs for general sequences. What about a class like, Anthro 101- Human Biological Evolution??? Thanks...

2. premed

premed Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes, intro classes do count. If you want specifics, download the instruction booklet from the AMCAS website. They have the detailed listings, but it is basically Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math and anything that falls under these categories (eg Biochemistry, Physiology, etc...).

3. mikeyboy

mikeyboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't worry too much about it, look through the AMCAS help pdf and try to guess where it goes under. I had the hardest time figuring out where "Biophysical Chemistry" fell under, but I really doubt it matters as long as you don't mess it up on purpose.

4. scota

scota Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Why would I try to mess it up on purpose :laugh:?!