What grades count towards BCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scota

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's bio, chem, math, and physics! But what I'm wondering is, do classes like "Intro. Bio" and "Intro. Chem" count towards the BCPM? I'm specifically talking about classes that serve as pre-reqs for general sequences. What about a class like, Anthro 101- Human Biological Evolution??? Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, intro classes do count. If you want specifics, download the instruction booklet from the AMCAS website. They have the detailed listings, but it is basically Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math and anything that falls under these categories (eg Biochemistry, Physiology, etc...).

Don't worry too much about it, look through the AMCAS help pdf and try to guess where it goes under. I had the hardest time figuring out where "Biophysical Chemistry" fell under, but I really doubt it matters as long as you don't mess it up on purpose.

Why would I try to mess it up on purpose :laugh:?!

Originally posted by mikeyboy
Don't worry too much about it, look through the AMCAS help pdf and try to guess where it goes under. I had the hardest time figuring out where "Biophysical Chemistry" fell under, but I really doubt it matters as long as you don't mess it up on purpose.