What happen if you don't take a class in the planned section of coursework?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruinlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At large Universities, students often can't enroll in a class because of limited space. What should we do if we can't take a class that we already put in the planned section of coursework?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Call the whichever school you are applying to and let them know of your problem. I never had this problem because at my school we start registering for fall classes starting in April and they do it on an earned hour basis, so seniors with more hours get more time than the other students. As for myself, I am graduating in the fall, so when I told the department that, I was moved to the top of the list and it didn't matter who was already enrolled in the class.

I am not sure how important it is, but I have heard of "conditioned" acceptances where you have to finish the courses that you said you were going to finish. Just keep them informed of any changes like that.

Hope this helps.

whethter the courses are prerequisites or not!!

Adcoms understand that your schedule isn't set in stone. They expect you to have the prerequisites finished for sure, but the rest is up to you.

By the time you interview, you may have that semester over with anyhow and can forward your current transcripts to the school/AADSAS for correction.