General Admissions & OTCAS What happens if a program doesn't accept your prerequisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AustinOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently applied to the UTMB MOT program, and I submitted a combination of child development and adult development to cover the developmental psychology prerequisite. I had emailed the program about a year ago checking in about whether or not this would be accepted, and they said it would be fine. Some people have already received emails from UTMB saying that their prerequisites have been verified, but I haven't gotten anything yet. If programs don't accept one of your prereqs, will they reject you automatically or would they contact you and allow you to complete the course in the spring? Any info is appreciated, thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Most programs will contact you saying they don't accept your prereq and then ask for your explanation of when/how the prereq will be completed (i.e., completing in the spring). But that is only for schools who will accept spring prereqs. Some schools require they are completed in the fall, just depends!

Most programs will contact you saying they don't accept your prereq and then ask for your explanation of when/how the prereq will be completed (i.e., completing in the spring). But that is only for schools who will accept spring prereqs. Some schools require they are completed in the fall, just depends!

Thanks for the info! The program I'm worried about accepts prereqs in the spring, so hopefully I'll be okay :)