What have you learned through observation?

Started by DEETAT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

As a pre-PT who didn't have any skills at the time to make a clinical judgment, I could not attest to the Therapists clinical skills. However I did notice that not every therapist had the same ability to build rapport with their patient, which by the way is huge for anyone in a long term rehabilitation process. It became very clear to me the importance of connecting with your patient and they don't teach that enough in PT school. I did an internship right before I got in to PT school and I had the chance to see what kind of employee a practice owner seeks. The business side of PT is very interesting. If you can add health and wellness or a fitness certification under your belt, as well as increase your knowledge in insurance and marketing, you will be an invaluable asset to anyone running a PT clinic because you would be able to offer more than the average new grad. Start working on your craft now :soexcited:.