What have you noticed your customers/patients like to ask you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

earlydaffodil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really tired of covid and job-related posts but also genuinely curious here...what kinds of questions do you all get from your customers/patients depending on what part of the region/state/country or world you work/live in?
Eg I work in the upper Midwest and we get a ton of questions related to the change of seasons and corresponding ailments such as best cough and cold meds, which humidifier (warm or cool mist), allergy symptom meds... A lot of 'fair' people here too so a lot of questions about lotions/creams, sunscreens, scar creams, itches, itches, bites....you get the picture...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Allergies during allergy season, cough during cold season, rashes all year long. A few questions about condoms and sexual health. A surprising number of questions about bandaids and gauze. Yeast infections. Eye infections. Well infections of every kind.

Of course the number one question of all time “it’s not ready yet!?”. Or maybe “it’s how much?!?!”.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Where are the Clorox wipes? And the aforementioned allergy queries. And can I still drink while taking that? And what brand of oxy/APAP is stocked.

My favorite questions pertain to making a recommendation for a pediatric patient. Pharmacists can prevent a lot of harm here.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First aid for stepping on sea urchins. Sunburn treatment. Head lice remedies.

-Hawaii

Reactions: 3 users
It's been pretty much typical seasonal stuff year in, year out...cough/cold season, allergy season, sun burns/poison ivy, head lice, repeat (plus a few I might be leaving out). Pharmacist Letter is a pretty good resource to anticipate seasonal questions. Random Vaccines, vitamins, supplements, allergic reaction, acute trauma/pain/wound care/skin rash/infections, sleep remedies, N/V/constipation/diarrhea GERD pretty much year round

Note: these are the types of questions I enjoy getting....other than the penny pinching discount card game of roulette and shock and awe of someone playing the game of "how much" for qty X and my personal favorite (sarcasm) "why aren't drugs priced like bread, eggs, milk, etc."...>< (hitting head against a brick wall :bang: ).

Last edited:
"itchy throat" is number 1. i still don't understand this one. if my throat is actively itchy, i gargle and drink some water as like a human instinct. what compels someone to ask a pharmacist what to do??? and what did they do all their lives for 4 to 5 decades before this when they had an "itchy" throat? sore throat is perfectly fair, i just don't get all the itchy throat questions. lol

• Haha
"itchy throat" is number 1. i still don't understand this one. if my throat is actively itchy, i gargle and drink some water as like a human instinct. what compels someone to ask a pharmacist what to do??? and what did they do all their lives for 4 to 5 decades before this when they had an "itchy" throat? sore throat is perfectly fair, i just don't get all the itchy throat questions. lol
Yes, I cringe when get asked what to do for a "tickle in the back of the throat"....common sense H2O...I think some people just want some attention/want to feel special/compelled to use a drug for completely unnecessary circumstances

Usually most don't ask too many questions but when they do it's either something along the lines of how they need a new Xanax script or we go down the anti-vax rabbit hole (Bill Gates implanting microchips in us, etc...we have to ask every patient about certain routine vaccinations, so that is what gets them going on it).

-rural Wisconsin

• Haha

To be fair when I get an itchy throat I don't know what caused it. Maybe it was some food I ate or maybe I'm getting a cold or maybe a virus. I'd ask a Pharmacist just to see what info he/she could give and see if there's anything they recommend.

Thanks for the replies you'll. Sounds like most questions are pretty typical regardless of location.

How to beat drug screens

• Haha
How to beat drug screens

yep never fails to be a staple at any location. and you can almost ask the question before they start they way they are looking at you and their age. lol

Can someone unlock the bathroom?

"WHATS THE CODE TO THE BATHROOM" X 1 million

We are now getting calls that we're going to be looted. Not a question though

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users