What helped you the most?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDent02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering what you did to study for the DAT that helped you the most? Any tips/tricks on efficiency?

Members don't see this ad.

This forum is packed with study strategies and resources. Look through some breakdowns where the poster is thorough and provides study tips. There are also a few posts at the top of this forum that are very helpful which include study schedules and resources and much more. There is no tricks to this, you have to put in the time and effort to obtain a good score. Good luck!

After you study something, continue reviewing it every few days, every week, every few weeks, etc depending on how long you are studying for the DAT! Review, review, review until you know it cold. Every subsequent review should take less and less time to review. For PAT, practice with generators if you have a Bootcamp, then start taking the PAT tests once you really feel comfortable with your ability to answer accurately and quickly (relative to each subsection in PAT). I saved myself a few minutes on PAT section by not writing the lines for hole punching; instead, I just paid close attention to the folds and keep the holes in memory/used symmetry when necessary/used answer choices to eliminate the WRONG answers! It took some practice, but it worked. Find whatever works best for you, though. For reading, if you have Bootcamp, look at the strategies, choose one or make a combination that works best for you!

Like the piano guy said, there are really no tricks. Just study hard, practice, review, find what works best for you, and KILL IT! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user