What I wish I knew before my Tufts interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eapleitez

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had my interview at Tufts. Looks like a great school, the whole day was great except at the end. Everyone talked to this one guy one-by-one to see if there file was missing anything. I expected mine to be complete. Instead they tell me that I need to retake 8 units of Gen Chem at a university because they don't take it from CC's. Another girl had the same problem but in physics. That really sucked. I have already graduated, and I'm not sure about trying to fight with my university to allow me to take those classes (out of pocket too) outside of a degree track (they have a policy against this, except during the summer).

To me it seems pointless and somewhat decietful for Tufts to reveal this to me so late at this point, especially since they invited me to an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

:idea:
You still have UOP.

This is true. I'm banking on acceptance somewhere else now. A call from UOP will truly make my day.

eapleitez said:
Yesterday I had my interview at Tufts. Looks like a great school, the whole day was great except at the end. Everyone talked to this one guy one-by-one to see if there file was missing anything. I expected mine to be complete. Instead they tell me that I need to retake 8 units of Gen Chem at a university because they don't take it from CC's. Another girl had the same problem but in physics. That really sucked. I have already graduated, and I'm not sure about trying to fight with my university to allow me to take those classes (out of pocket too) outside of a degree track (they have a policy against this, except during the summer).

To me it seems pointless and somewhat decietful for Tufts to reveal this to me so late at this point, especially since they invited me to an interview.

I was at the interview with you (its MELISSA =D) and I feel the same way!!! I don't feel the school is worth the $75,000/yr and they should have DEFINITELY told me about my college credits not transferring!!! ANY WAYS i DONT CARE!!! i was accepted at Marquette and TEMPLE (MY FIRST CHOICE) good luck Erick, I'm sure you will here good news soon. :luck: