Did I ruin my interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_m24

Reaction score
I booked a study room at my university and the study room key started vibrating for no reason at the end of my interview. I didn't know how to turn it off, so I threw it onto the ground trying to make it sound less, but I don't know if that helped. Is it a very serious thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was distracted when the key started vibrating and I had to ask my interviewer to repeat his question. The key was vibrating for about 2 minutes while I was answering my last two questions. I feel sad because I think I did pretty well on other parts of my interview and I don't know how this will impact my acceptance chances

I was distracted when the key started vibrating and I had to ask my interviewer to repeat his question. The key was vibrating for about 2 minutes while I was answering my last two questions. I feel sad because I think I did pretty well on other parts of my interview and I don't know how this will impact my acceptance chances
things happen
as long as the interviewer knew what was going on, hopefully it won't be an issue...

Members don't see this ad :)
I booked a study room at my university and the study room key started vibrating for no reason at the end of my interview. I didn't know how to turn it off, so I threw it onto the ground trying to make it sound less, but I don't know if that helped. Is it a very serious thing?
Did you ever find out why you had a vibrating study room key? Usually, a librarian activates the vibration to remind people "the library desk is closing in 15 minutes" or something.

At least you didn't throw it out of the room and hit someone. Like a librarian. :)

• Haha
I'm sorry that this happened to you. I understand that it must have been unnerving, and I commend you for doing your best to continue and answer the questions. Did you explain the situation to the interviewer they wouldn't think you had your phone in your pocket? We are all human, and these things happen from time to time. If the rest of your interview went well, I doubt this will make much difference at all.

Wishing you the best,

Nancy