What if I have more than 60-65 college credits? Do Dental schools selectively accept certain CC credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gonzostacos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My situation is a bit unique. I'm full time active duty so I took alot of community college coursework. I got my associates in science and then got an associates in dental hygiene. I believe I've taken about 66 CC that were not part of the dental hygiene program...

Does anyone know if dental schools pick and choose which 60-65 college credits they accept?

Side note: Did upper level and graduate level BIOS at 4 year institution, to include organic chemistry, biochemistry and one semester of physics

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They only care about your prerequisites and electives so I wouldn't worry, but message the schools to make sure.

My situation is a bit unique. I'm full time active duty so I took alot of community college coursework. I got my associates in science and then got an associates in dental hygiene. I believe I've taken about 66 CC that were not part of the dental hygiene program...

Does anyone know if dental schools pick and choose which 60-65 college credits they accept?

Side note: Did upper level and graduate level BIOS at 4 year institution, to include organic chemistry, biochemistry and one semester of physics
First thank you for your services! Second I just got in two of the best dental schools in the country (Texas ones) with 64 cc credits and upper divisions from a 4 year university so pretty similar to your situation.

The only hassle I got for CC credits was for the upper level science classes. O-chem 1 & 2, Biochem I took at a university. All the others were from a CC.