Community College Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anon1232222

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all. I am applying next cycle. According to the Dental School Stats excel, there are some schools that accept a maximum of 64 and some with a maximum of 60. I have some non-science AP credits, 64 CC credits, and 57 university credits. Bio, Gen Chem, and Physics were taken at CC. I have received an Associates and Bachelors degree.

Questions:

1. Will the schools with a maximum of 60 throw my application away if I apply?

2. Should I retake a class at university so that I am eligible to apply to the schools with max. of 60?

Let me know if you need additional information. Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi y'all. I am applying next cycle. According to the Dental School Stats excel, there are some schools that accept a maximum of 64 and some with a maximum of 60. I have some non-science AP credits, 64 CC credits, and 57 university credits. Bio, Gen Chem, and Physics were taken at CC. I have received an Associates and Bachelors degree.

Questions:

1. Will the schools with a maximum of 60 throw my application away if I apply?

2. Should I retake a class at university so that I am eligible to apply to the schools with max. of 60?

Let me know if you need additional information. Thanks for your help.

1. If you are at 64 hours, I don't think the computer will dump you over 4 credits.

1 & 2. Check with the schools.

Reactions: 1 user