What if you do not know the meaning of the word in the essay promp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperSaiyan3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
" Stability in society can lead to stagnation."

This is an essay prompt straight out of the AAMC website. The thing is, I do not know what "stagnation" means. At the moment, I do have the choice to look up the word. I doubt that on test day, the proctors will let me look it up on a dictionary.

My question is:
- did you ever see a word on the essay prompt that you did not know? Can you recall what they were?

- any tips on what you should do if you DO see a word you DO NOT know? This could be a big risk on your essay... for obvious reasons.

Thanks.
SS3 :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

lis, come on, you keep coming back to this thread because when you are not busy being lost in study, this thread provides comic relief.

dont close this thread! essay "promps" are an important topic to discuss.

You're right, I am looking for comic relief when I'm not busy being lost in study but this thread definitely doesn't provide it. OP isn't very funny in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind discussing essay prompts but that's not what we're doing here anymore. The OP just wants to call any form of help stupid so why try anymore.

Speaking of comic relief, I just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PixabVm1O2Y

Pretty funny.

I stick to my suggestion that this thread should be closed.

-LIS

Members don't see this ad :)
i know what you mean man. sometimes they throw in words that just arent used in pokemon or dragon ball. sometimes i get so upset. like wtf goku, why do you have the vocabulary of a 10 year old?!

:mad:

omg i laughed uncontrollably for 2 minutes straight, and therefore bump this thread.