What information do you wish you could have in your daily practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vermicious Knid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently an IM resident with a strong interest in cc. I have been toying with the idea of getting involved in a biomedical engineering side project or some sort dealing with biosensors/physiological monitoring. In your day to day practice, what physiological/biochemical information do you feel you would benefit if there were a way to make it available, or available faster? I understand this is a bit of a strange question, I'm just looking for possible areas to explore should I become part of a project. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be awesome to have a device that would give u swan pressures non invasively. Non of the non invasive measures are pretty reliable.

There was a company that had a continuous non-invasive blood pressure cuff - sort of like a non-invasive arterial line - that went bankrupt. Reviving that technology would be a winner I think. Certainly would be of interest in the pre-hospital setting, and in the ED. Think there would also be a lot of fans in the Pediatric ICU too.