What is a good amount of schools to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

awk

AWK
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am going to start send apps soon and I was wondering what a safe and moderate number of schools would be to send to. My stats are good but not spectacular. Is 20 schools overkill, 15....10? What is a good number?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey awk- there is a stickied thread right at the top of the forum which discusses this very issue in preallo's continuing questionnaire series. Feel free to check it out!
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. I am going to start send apps soon and I was wondering what a safe and moderate number of schools would be to send to. My stats are good but not spectacular. Is 20 schools overkill, 15....10? What is a good number?

There is a thread stickied at the top of the preallo forum. I'd suggest looking at our responses in there.

That said, are you a Florida resident?? If so, I'd apply to the Fl. schools and then look through the MSAR to determine where else to apply to based on your stats, the number of instate vs. out of state people they interview and accept, and other general aspects of the school such as mission and curricula.

um....125 schools are good enough to apply :)

Just kidding :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Apply to 15 schools: 5 in your range, 5 above, and 5 below.