awk

AWK
10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey everyone. I am going to start send apps soon and I was wondering what a safe and moderate number of schools would be to send to. My stats are good but not spectacular. Is 20 schools overkill, 15....10? What is a good number?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey awk- there is a stickied thread right at the top of the forum which discusses this very issue in preallo's continuing questionnaire series. Feel free to check it out!
Good luck!

About the Ads

gujuDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
Hey everyone. I am going to start send apps soon and I was wondering what a safe and moderate number of schools would be to send to. My stats are good but not spectacular. Is 20 schools overkill, 15....10? What is a good number?

There is a thread stickied at the top of the preallo forum. I'd suggest looking at our responses in there.

That said, are you a Florida resident?? If so, I'd apply to the Fl. schools and then look through the MSAR to determine where else to apply to based on your stats, the number of instate vs. out of state people they interview and accept, and other general aspects of the school such as mission and curricula.

sejin8642

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
um....125 schools are good enough to apply :)

Just kidding :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Apply to 15 schools: 5 in your range, 5 above, and 5 below.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.