What is an investigational pharmacist?

Started by deleted205891
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted205891

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to be such a pharmacy noob, but I have heard the term quite a few times. I am curious to know what this position entails.
 
Hmmmm.....I shadowed a pharmacist at the Investigational Drug Service at the U of MN. Maybe a pharmacist who works with them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmmmm.....I shadowed a pharmacist at the Investigational Drug Service at the U of MN. Maybe a pharmacist who works with them?

Yes I believe so. So what does one of these pharmacists do? I tried searching but can't seem to find out.
 
I work as an Investigational Drug Service Specialist. Basically they review new study protocols (in house and from sponsors). An IDS pharmacist also attends review board meetings, makes the study drugs as well as dispense it. It so broad you will have to ask me specific questions.