What is BAH type II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Destiny11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BAH Type II is a fixed rate housing allowance that they give to people when they don't know which BAH to give them. From what I understand, they give all HPSP students BAH Type II and then compensate us for the difference between Type II and the full BAH at a later time. I would not worry as the same thing happened to me and every other HPSP student that I spoke to.

BAH Type II is a fixed rate housing allowance that they give to people when they don't know which BAH to give them. From what I understand, they give all HPSP students BAH Type II and then compensate us for the difference between Type II and the full BAH at a later time. I would not worry as the same thing happened to me and every other HPSP student that I spoke to.

No... you don't get the difference when you come on active. I noticed many who didn't receive any type of BAH during HPSP. I went to dental school in NY, so I received a third of the full BAH. I don't understand how the difference came about, but you should feel fortunate that at least you're getting some. For those who somehow didn't get any, it is pretty much impossible to receive any "missed" fund retroactively.

I contacted the hpsp finance office and the information that I stated above is what they told me. I only received full BAH when I was at BOLC before I even started my D1 year. I also live in NYC and received quite a bit for BAH while at BOLC.

EDIT: I am not sure if I will get the full BAH for every ADT but this is what I was lead to believe. Also, they missed a few things on my first few LES and I was able to receive those funds after contacting the finance office. It is probably best to contact the finance office as I may be wrong.