What Is Considered A Late Application?

Started by SScrewed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SScrewed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just sent in my primary application last night, and I'm waiting for my transcripts to be received by AMCAS--I had those sent on August 7th but apparently they need a few more days. Is sending in the primary at this point considered late?
 
No. You're about halfway through the season (June to end of December). Ideally you'd want to be complete (secondaries completed and sent in) by mid September. To make up for lost time, you'll need to get those secondaries completed ASAP - do them the day you get them, instead of working on them for a month.
 
I'm wondering the same thing. I only took the mcat in late august so my application will not be complete until september 20th. Is that considered late? I thought that was considered earlyish....