What is it like to work for AspenRx?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here worked for AspenRx? What was it like?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone here worked for AspenRx? What was it like?
I deal with their people every so often.
They're half asleep and have extremely weak knowledge.
I had to check to make sure it's an RPh each time.

Reactions: 1 users
I deal with their people every so often.
They're half asleep and have extremely weak knowledge.
I had to check to make sure it's an RPh each time.
I mean their staff (aka pharmacists who sign up to be part of their community) are the bottom of the barrel pharmacists who can’t find real jobs, so I’m not exactly surprised by that.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Within our country, 2018 is the first year we’ve actually had a surplus of pharmacists,” CEO David Medvedeff told MobiHealthNews. “We’ve overgraduated pharmacists. Dispensing automation has kind of caught up to the profession. So we have this supply of very high-end clinical talent that’s there and available. So what we are building is a way to leverage that crowd of pharmacists and connect them to these patient opportunities. "

LOL @ "dispensing automation has kind of caught up to the profession" and "high-end"

Is this a branch of Aspen Dental for pharmacists?

I might start doing this during my off week. So it's basically like getting the idiotic calls I get all night during my off week, but I chill in my PJs and get paid extra?

Is this cold calling patients to ask them to do a medications review? I was contacted by Aspen and you have to give them $75 up front which is no big deal but is it legit?

Is this cold calling patients to ask them to do a medications review? I was contacted by Aspen and you have to give them $75 up front which is no big deal but is it legit?
What kind of legitimate business asks you to give them money to work there? If their business model was decently profitable they would eat whatever cost it takes to onboard you.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
What kind of legitimate business asks you to give them money to work there? If their business model was decently profitable they would eat whatever cost it takes to onboard you.

Only businesses I can think of are MLMs aka pyramid schemes.

Reactions: 4 users
So, my husband is a clinical pharmacist, board-certified (BCPS) for a well-known academic medical center. He does this gig on the side as needed when he wants extra cash. He is hardly the "bottom of the barrel" pharmacist someone above said. He makes a nice 6 figure salary. We live 5 minutes down the road from where he works, so he is home by 4:30 every day, he gets home and might do an hour on the phone a couple of days out of the week, especially during peak times where he can earn more. He doesn't need the money, but it is a very convenient way to add more income.

Many pharmacist are doing this as a side gig including myself, and it's a good one IMO to stay current with some clinical knowledge as well as gaining new ones. Also getting additional experience with motivation interview techniques is a plus that's not taught in school, especially for new grads. Obviously, the cold call sucks, but then again there's pros and cons to every job.

So, my husband is a clinical pharmacist, board-certified (BCPS) for a well-known academic medical center. He does this gig on the side as needed when he wants extra cash. He is hardly the "bottom of the barrel" pharmacist someone above said. He makes a nice 6 figure salary. We live 5 minutes down the road from where he works, so he is home by 4:30 every day, he gets home and might do an hour on the phone a couple of days out of the week, especially during peak times where he can earn more. He doesn't need the money, but it is a very convenient way to add more income.
Pfft. Ask him if he'd ever consider doing it full time and report back.

If no: why does he consider it beneath him?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pfft. Ask him if he'd ever consider doing it full time and report back.

If no: why does he consider it beneath him?

I'm confused...I was looking for somewhere in my posting where I said my husband said or felt it was beneath him, but alas, I could not find such verbiage. I think you are putting words in my mouth. What's the point in demonizing this job? This job holds value differently to each person, so, to cast a broad blanket statement portraying it as a less-than-stellar opportunity would be to neglect the personal value each person who works there finds.

And for reference, at one point when he was in occupational limbo, all he had on the table was Aspen. It wasn't until a month later in his job-search that he landed his current gig. He was fine with working the job as long as he needed. However, he opted not to make it a full time gig as he wants to be a clinical oncology pharmacist. That's his goal. It wouldn't have mattered if he landed a job temporarily at Walmart or CVS, the net result would have been the same (him leaving for his current role). I've done this many times. Sometimes you take on work that provides you the $ to pay bills. That's me, I can't presume someone else's goals; it wouldn't be fair to them nor to myself to think that all people who work at Walmart as a pharmacist are just settling and not doing better for themselves. I knew several of his classmates who thought like that. My husband is not that type. We both come from a background of working in retail, corporate America (me), music, etc. In the end, he still likes it enough to keep it as a part-time gig. If he truly resented Aspen or what it stood for, he didn't need to stay on. People have options.

So...in sum, check your **** before accusing people. Perhaps your perception is off, IDK.

• Haha
I'm confused...I was looking for somewhere in my posting where I said my husband said or felt it was beneath him, but alas, I could not find such verbiage. I think you are putting words in my mouth. What's the point in demonizing this job? This job holds value differently to each person, so, to cast a broad blanket statement portraying it as a less-than-stellar opportunity would be to neglect the personal value each person who works there finds.

And for reference, at one point when he was in occupational limbo, all he had on the table was Aspen. It wasn't until a month later in his job-search that he landed his current gig. He was fine with working the job as long as he needed. However, he opted not to make it a full time gig as he wants to be a clinical oncology pharmacist. That's his goal. It wouldn't have mattered if he landed a job temporarily at Walmart or CVS, the net result would have been the same (him leaving for his current role). I've done this many times. Sometimes you take on work that provides you the $ to pay bills. That's me, I can't presume someone else's goals; it wouldn't be fair to them nor to myself to think that all people who work at Walmart as a pharmacist are just settling and not doing better for themselves. I knew several of his classmates who thought like that. My husband is not that type. We both come from a background of working in retail, corporate America (me), music, etc. In the end, he still likes it enough to keep it as a part-time gig. If he truly resented Aspen or what it stood for, he didn't need to stay on. People have options.

So...in sum, check your **** before accusing people. Perhaps your perception is off, IDK.
I think you're confused because either A.) you have poor communication skills or B.) You're attempting to create a false narrative to make Aspen seem better than it is because you were insulted that your husband fit into a professional space called "bottom of the barrel."
Cognitive dissonance.

I believe it's B.

You're creating the false narrative that clinical oncology and Aspen call center work are equivalent. They are not.
One requires a lot of extra work and time. The other requires a license and the ability to answer the phone.

Not every pharmacist that works there is bad.
However, it's a bad job populated largely by sub-standard pharmacists

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I think you're confused because either A.) you have poor communication skills or B.) You're attempting to create a false narrative to make Aspen seem better than it is because you were insulted that your husband fit into a professional space called "bottom of the barrel."
Cognitive dissonance.

I believe it's B.

You're creating the false narrative that clinical oncology and Aspen call center work are equivalent. They are not.
One requires a lot of extra work and time. The other requires a license and the ability to answer the phone.

Not every pharmacist that works there is bad.
However, it's a bad job populated largely by sub-standard pharmacists
By her logic, if her husband picks up a part time gig with Dairy Queen “to do on the side as needed when he wants extra cash” then the full time workers at Dairy Queen definitely do not have “bottom of the barrel jobs” because he “makes a nice 6 figure salary” in his main job. The problem with that logic is everything.

Sounds like a chill gig. How's the pay?

By her logic, if her husband picks up a part time gig with Dairy Queen “to do on the side as needed when he wants extra cash” then the full time workers at Dairy Queen definitely do not have “bottom of the barrel jobs” because he “makes a nice 6 figure salary” in his main job. The problem with that logic is everything.
I feel bad for them. Must be a lot of pressure.

Does anyone know how much they pay per consult ?? Someone plzz

• Haha
Can someone tell me how much they pay per completed consult?

• Haha
does anyone know long you have to stay in practice mode ?

Hey guys I just started with them last week as a side gig. Have only worked 2 days so far, so not much to comment on, but for those asking how the pay is, it is $40 per CMR. You can also join their "core program" which is basically the equivalent of a full time job, and it pays a flat rate of $2000 per week provided you do a minimum of 40 CMRs weekly.

Hey guys I just started with them last week as a side gig. Have only worked 2 days so far, so not much to comment on, but for those asking how the pay is, it is $40 per CMR. You can also join their "core program" which is basically the equivalent of a full time job, and it pays a flat rate of $2000 per week provided you do a minimum of 40 CMRs weekly.
Have you had trouble getting interested patients to do CMRs with you? 8 CMRs a day doesn't sound too bad unless most of the people are unwilling. Any benefits as a core program employee (401k, PTO, etc)?

Anytime someone asks you to pay for a job, it's a scam.

I have been thinking about applying here. Anyone know how much they pay and is it remote?

And, in case you can't make 40 CMRs/ week, then what they would pay !

Last edited:
ya - this is a red flag - sort of like a friend of mine posted about selling a class to do his business (he does online marketing) and added "I am a christian man so you can trust me" someone selling something + "I am a christian" + "trust me" = don't ever trust them

I do this as a side gig to claim my office space at home for tax purpose and those deductions ;)