What is my actual complete date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lifeofmedicine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted many of my secondaries the first week of July, let's say 7/7. All of my other materials (letters of rec, MCAT, transcript etc) were already in the system for a few weeks at that point. I received many "Your application is now complete" notifications from schools.

I find out from one of my schools that one of my recommenders didn't put a signature on her letter. I did not get a notification like that from other schools. I asked her to re-upload her letter which she did on 7/23.

So, when am I actually complete at these schools? Is it when the letter was re-uploaded (even though most schools did not even notify me of this)? Or when I actually submitted and got a complete email?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted many of my secondaries the first week of July, let's say 7/7. All of my other materials (letters of rec, MCAT, transcript etc) were already in the system for a few weeks at that point. I received many "Your application is now complete" notifications from schools.

I find out from one of my schools that one of my recommenders didn't put a signature on her letter. I did not get a notification like that from other schools. I asked her to re-upload her letter which she did on 7/23.

So, when am I actually complete at these schools? Is it when the letter was re-uploaded (even though most schools did not even notify me of this)? Or when I actually submitted and got a complete email?
If a school said you were Complete, it means your file was Ready for Review, but by resolving the signature issue with the LOR before it was noticed, you've avoided having your review being put on hold later in the process. So whatever pile/queue your application is sitting in, it won't lose its place.