What is "Other diffraction phenomena?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


Full Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2014
Reaction score
I know we have to know double slit, diffraction grating, single slit, and x ray, but what others are they referring to?

Members don't see this ad.
If I had to guess, they just stuck that in there as a catch-all term to refer to just knowing about diffraction in general. Or to mean something like: "Hey, heads up that we might give you a physics passage about diffraction but the passage itself will introduce some crazy crap you've never heard of before, but don't worry the questions will still just be basic questions about light, interference, diffraction, etc."