Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What is the appropriate timing to send in supplemental information??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by E'01, Dec 21, 2001.

1. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Hey Guys,

Is it inappropriate to send in a letter stating that you really want to go to a particular school (I have 2 in mind) and then give a quick update of what you are now doing since it's not on the amcas app or secondary? Or is this something one should do after you get waitlisted?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. soren77

soren77 Member

most schools i interviewed at encouraged students to update their files. i personally wrote a letter to the dean at SUNY stony brook after i interviewed there and got an acceptance letter two weeks afterwards. i think the letter really helped because i had some things i wanted to mention that i've done post-AMCAS and i wanted to tell them that i'm seriously interested in attending their school.

4. bebe

bebe Member

Hey what's up! I forgot to answer you about Yale. I was MMEP (2000). Okay so I am going to do the supplemental info thing. This is what I am doing. Firstly, ask the schools when they are open over the holidays so they can get it when they comeback . Of course if they get it immediately after their offices reopen, it may get lost in a pile. But anyways I am deciding now on the timing for my schools. I would first mention why you want to go there (either you saw something specific on interview or there is a specific program or offering that intrigues you). So do this briefly. Don't beg to get in, of course. Then also state the purpose of the letter is to also update your file. And say what you are doing now and how that makes you an even better applicant. Okay! These are just some ideas. If anyone else has some suggestions..please post!
    BEBE