What is the appropriate timing to send in supplemental information??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Is it inappropriate to send in a letter stating that you really want to go to a particular school (I have 2 in mind) and then give a quick update of what you are now doing since it's not on the amcas app or secondary? Or is this something one should do after you get waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

most schools i interviewed at encouraged students to update their files. i personally wrote a letter to the dean at SUNY stony brook after i interviewed there and got an acceptance letter two weeks afterwards. i think the letter really helped because i had some things i wanted to mention that i've done post-AMCAS and i wanted to tell them that i'm seriously interested in attending their school.

Hey what's up! I forgot to answer you about Yale. I was MMEP (2000). Okay so I am going to do the supplemental info thing. This is what I am doing. Firstly, ask the schools when they are open over the holidays so they can get it when they comeback . Of course if they get it immediately after their offices reopen, it may get lost in a pile. But anyways I am deciding now on the timing for my schools. I would first mention why you want to go there (either you saw something specific on interview or there is a specific program or offering that intrigues you). So do this briefly. Don't beg to get in, of course. Then also state the purpose of the letter is to also update your file. And say what you are doing now and how that makes you an even better applicant. Okay! These are just some ideas. If anyone else has some suggestions..please post!
BEBE