what is the format of the mcat ps and bs, as far as number of passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nard9032

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know verbal has 7 passages.

Wondering for PS and BS how the format was.

For example is it 3 passages, than discrete questions, than 3 more passages than another discrete set.

Members don't see this ad.

it isn't always 3-2-2.

Sometimes it will be 4-1-2 or something. I personally like getting the passages out the way first.

not sure if anyone knows. the official mcat guide states there are several trail questions in each section. "several" = 2 or 2+. Not sure if the official guide should be held to grammatical correctness.

Just wondering if it was that only certain tests have trail questions. Or if there was on average 1-2 per section, or something like 5.

not sure if anyone knows. the official mcat guide states there are several trail questions in each section. "several" = 2 or 2+. Not sure if the official guide should be held to grammatical correctness.

Just wondering if it was that only certain tests have trail questions. Or if there was on average 1-2 per section, or something like 5.

I think you mean trial/experimental questions. The truth is that the number of experimental questions varies among administrations and you can never really know how many/which ones were.experimentals.

This means that you should treat every questions as a real one (as intended). Don't discount any passages/questions as experimental.