-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted6669
Hate it. I never answer this question. They don't really want to hear the answer unless they are in medicine themselves and if they are in medicine...they don't ask.
and if I answer they wish they hadn't asked.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else getting tired of this question? Every time someone finds out I'm a paramedic, that's the next thing out of their mouth.![]()
Actually, I think my all time favorite annoying question is: "So you're a paramedic, huh? Did you have to go to school for that?"
Nahh. They just toss us the ambulance keys and the defi-byoo-lator and we let us learn on the job.
1
146233
Actually, I think my all time favorite annoying question is: "So you're a paramedic, huh? Did you have to go to school for that?"
Nahh. They just toss us the ambulance keys and the defi-byoo-lator and we let us learn on the job.
Dude. It's the "bamba-lance". 😎
Dude. It's the "bamba-lance". 😎
Of course! I stand corrected.
We continually joke that AMR = Ahh, My Ride.Dude. It's the "bamba-lance". 😎
while working we stopped at McDonalds for food, this is the conversation that took place betwen my partner and the girl working the counter:
Girl: Wow, so you guys are paramedics?
Partner: Um.. yep...
Girl: That must be kinda exciting.
Partner: Um.. sure...
Girl: Whats it like to save a life?
Partner: I don't know, I'm not a very good paramedic.
I'm chuckling to myself picturing this poor girl's expression, it still makes me laugh.
Girl: Wow, so you guys are paramedics?
Partner: Um.. yep...
Girl: That must be kinda exciting.
Partner: Um.. sure...
Girl: Whats it like to save a life?
Partner: I don't know, I'm not a very good paramedic.
I'm chuckling to myself picturing this poor girl's expression, it still makes me laugh.
D
deleted6669
one of my favorite questions:
north philadelphia, guy runs up to the ambulance like he's on fire," you gotta help me, how long before valium gets out of my piss?"
me: "about 2 hours"
north philadelphia, guy runs up to the ambulance like he's on fire," you gotta help me, how long before valium gets out of my piss?"
me: "about 2 hours"
The joke where I'm from used to go "Another Malpractice Reward"We continually joke that AMR = Ahh, My Ride.
I got thrown out of (and banned from) a Kentucky Fried Chicken for answering that question once.and if I answer they wish they hadn't asked.....

i tell them the truth, though they usually stop me after hearing "brains" and "everywhere." i can only hope that my tidbit of a story keeps them from ever harassing another emt with that damn question ever again. seriously people, just assume it's bad and don't ask, because you probably don't really want to know.
I just answer the question:
"I had this one call. It was a gunshot victim; took a couple of rounds. Left a huge mess. It really shook me up. I needed someone to talk to, so I called my mom and she got scared and said 'You're moving with your Auntie and Uncle in Bellaire.' I whistled for a cab and when it came near; the license plate said Fresh and it had dice in the mirror..."
"I had this one call. It was a gunshot victim; took a couple of rounds. Left a huge mess. It really shook me up. I needed someone to talk to, so I called my mom and she got scared and said 'You're moving with your Auntie and Uncle in Bellaire.' I whistled for a cab and when it came near; the license plate said Fresh and it had dice in the mirror..."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else getting tired of this question? Every time someone finds out I'm a paramedic, that's the next thing out of their mouth.![]()
As if you could narrow it down to just one thing...people in general are gross
The Biohazard Training Area in our station.
AKA the shower.
AKA the shower.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 16K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 5K
7
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K