What is the maximum # of interviews you plan to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fourthyearmed

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many interviews are y'all planning on doing total? I've got interviews scheduled already for 7 of the 12 programs I've applied to and I'm beginning to think my calender looks pretty full (can't start to interview until Dec. due to an externship). What are the rest of you doing? 😕
 
I have 12 (of 17) interviews so far and think I may pick up 2-3 more, then call it quits. I have November and December off and don't really have anything better to do, otherwise I probably would keep it under 10.
 
It probably depends more on how many competitive programs you have on your list (I know I know..this is peds). My advisor recommended having 10-12 interviews lined up before declining interviews. So maybe I will do around 14. I heard you poop out around 14 anyway. I also have both Dec and Jan off which makes the pace easier.