What is the most ambiguous way to answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I have learned thi cycle to just lie. Not lying screwed me at UNECOM I think.

Me too.
Though the questions were more about why I didn't apply to as many DO schools as MD schools, why I didn't apply DO last year, etc, etc....Not where I really wanted to go. They were trying to find out if I really wanted to go DO.

Members don't see this ad :)
(my answer's probably pretty ambiguous but it's the truth)

I haven't made up my mind 100%.

I have to see a program to see if it's the right fit and then I'll make up my mind about it. Once I've visited a program and know what it has to offer its students, then I know if I want to go to school there.

When asked how I rank the schools, I said I had never ranked them, and that I didn't apply anywhere that I wouldn't go in a heartbeat.

To be honest, the question kind of threw me off a bit, and it's unfair because you can't rank anything unless you've visited all of them, etc...

I think that something along the lines of what Depakote said is probably the best. I would say that you applied to the schools that you did because there was something about each one that appealed to you. You hope to get the opportunity to further research the schools and will ultimately attend the one that is the best fit for your interests.:)

Where do you really want to go to school?

How I answered it (may not work for everyone): "I think I need to take time to sit down, go over my options and then decide which school is best for me. I don't want to make a rash decision right now as I haven't gone over everything. In the end, my decision will be based upon many different factors."

I think they just want to make sure you aren't willing to jump for a school just because they accepted you. My two cents though.

I just said that I was there at their school to evaluate them just as they are evaluating me and so far I am loving it, which was the truth because I liked all the schools I made the trip for.

At UNE they asked me if I had to choose between them and UMDNJ which would I chose since I am NJ resident.
I told them that I couldn't make the choice until I had acceptances at both and thought about my visits to each and what they offered. I then told them that I loved their school so far from my visit. I was accepted there and I really did like their school. Ironically (or not), on my drive home I got the call from Dr. Wallace for the UMDNJ acceptance.

If I had to answer that at a school I didn’t like I think it would be more difficult because I am a horrible liar and I prefer to be blunt. That is one of the reasons I declined interviews at schools I just lost interest in after I had my first acceptance with NSU. It is good you are thinking about this question because it is asked often, I had some variation of it at every school I interviewed at. Realistically, until you have your first acceptance you will be happy to go to any school that takes you and from there you will only make the trip to better schools in your mind so the question should be easy to answer. Do not count schools you are not accepted to yet because they are not your reality.