What is the most economical way to apply?

Started by bz1024
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bz1024

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have planned to apply to a number of DO schools and I have just realized that it costs $175 to apply for the first school, and $32 for each additional school. Any suggestions on how to save some money when applying to multiple schools? say 8-10 lol (I know, it's a lot, but I just have to increase my chances since my MCAT score is not that great). Thanks!
 
I have planned to apply to a number of DO schools and I have just realized that it costs $175 to apply for the first school, and $32 for each additional school. Any suggestions on how to save some money when applying to multiple schools? say 8-10 lol (I know, it's a lot, but I just have to increase my chances since my MCAT score is not that great). Thanks!

I don't think there is a way to save money on apps. If you think there's a possibility you would enroll at a school, you should apply there. You never know what schools are looking for.
 
Not sure if they still do this anymore, but you could get a voucher.

Asides from that, I don't think the med school application process is one you can really save money on.

Nothing is assured and the number of applications keep on going up. Schools I thought for sure would give me an interview never gave me the time of day and schools I applied to just because, gave me an interview.

It would really suck having to reapply next year because you wanted to save money on applications and secondaries.

You're gonna be in a ton of debt when you graduate med school, a few grand now is a drop in the bucket.
 
You can apply for the AACOMAS fee waiver. It will waive the cost of up to three schools, and most schools will honor that and waive the supplemental application fee. Most - not all. Either way, it's a ridiculously expensive process, especially with all the traveling required for interviews.

Heads up, if you do apply for the AACOMAS fee waiver, you can't submit your AACOMAS application until you're approved, or the waiver won't be applied to your application.