What is the most flexible job for a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amphetamine Salts

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
And is it difficult to get one of these jobs? I've been working at CVS for a little over a year. I'm a P2 student and lately I've taken an interest in internet marketing. I've made good money online and am seeing potential if I were to make my own brand/services/products and market it online. That would allow me to work full time from my computer and not have to slave away at a 9-5 job until retirement.

Obviously reaching that level of success will take some time, so I plan to work at CVS for approximately 5-7 years after graduation in order to pay off my student loans and make some extra money. At that point I may want to consider a much more flexible position so I have more freedom and time for other areas. What options do I have? I've heard of work at home jobs like mail order pharmacy, how hard is it to secure one of these flexible jobs?

Members don't see this ad.

9-5 jobs M - F does not exist for > 90% of pharmacists out there. I would say the most flexible pharmacist job (in my opinion) would be a long term care consultant pharmacist. You basically finish your work and you're done for the day. You can also set your own schedule and flex your hours as you see fit as long as the work gets done in a timely manner.

Reactions: 1 user
9-5 jobs M - F does not exist for > 90% of pharmacists out there. I would say the most flexible pharmacist job (in my opinion) would be a long term care consultant pharmacist. You basically finish your work and you're done for the day. You can also set your own schedule and flex your hours as you see fit as long as the work gets done in a timely manner.

I'll look into this, thanks