Medical What is the post-acceptance process with deposits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon! I had a question about the acceptance process/deposits, etc. I recently got my first acceptance! I am super excited and thankful especially this early in the cycle. However, I am a little confused about what happens now. I have about a month to put down a deposit on the school I was accepted to. I was just wondering if it's common for students to put down multiple deposits? Is that allowed?

One month in terms of the admissions process is a rather short time, and there are still quite a few of my target/state schools that I am waiting to hear from as well as decisions from other IIs. My main worry is placing a deposit on this school, but then hearing from schools I prefer more afterward. Would really appreciate any advice/clarification!

Hope you all are staying safe and healthy, wishing nothing but IIs and As for everyone this week!
Placing a deposit does NOT lock you into a decision.

And congrats on the accept!

Now read this:

Members don't see this ad.

Well if you don't put the deposit down, you lose the seat. So if you haven't heard from anywhere else and it's your only acceptance, make sure you send the deposit in with enough time to reach the school and be processed.

Regarding putting down multiple deposits, do you mean at once? I don't see the point in that. Make a decision based on what's available and put 1 down. If it's regarding putting one down, and then later have an acceptance to a more desirable school, then yes, people often put down multiple deposits.

I would wait a bit to put down the deposit if you are waiting on other schools. Like @MusicDOc124 said, make sure you give yourself enough time though for it to be processed. The last thing you wanna do is miss out on your seat. In the long run, the deposit is a drop in the bucket, so if you do put down a deposit and then want to go elsewhere, you will lose the money, but can still go where you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.