What is the shortest pharmacy program that I can enter after I get my bachelors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

razorblades

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the shortest pharmacy program (i heard its 3 years but which schools???) that I can enter after I get my bachelors in chemistry in 2010?please give me a list of pharmacy schools with 2 year, 3 year, and 4 year programs. also is it true that most pharmacy schools are 5-6 years after you get your bachelors???
thanks for any help

Members don't see this ad.

There is a FAQ section for a reason..........you could have had your answers right away if you went to the "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS" section for a once over.
Cheerio

What is the shortest pharmacy program (i heard its 3 years but which schools???) that I can enter after I get my bachelors in chemistry in 2010?please give me a list of pharmacy schools with 2 year, 3 year, and 4 year programs. also is it true that most pharmacy schools are 5-6 years after you get your bachelors???
thanks for any help

With a BS in chemistry, the time you take to get a PHARM D is 3 years for accelerated programs and 4years for a regular programs. As for school names, u'll have to check under FAQ.

Members don't see this ad :)
look into university of the pacific in stockton
and university of southern nevada.

both are 3 year schools...im sure there are more

it took me 30 seconds to click on the link, read all the posts (complaints) and type my post.

thanks for any help

BS in chemistry does not give you any direct advantages in terms of the time it will take you to get your Pharm. D. The majority of people applying to pharm schools have BS in chemistry or biochemistry -I'll have both next semester - and it's still 3-4 years after that.

It's always good to do your own research. I mean there are many many schools. It took me days to go to each single school's web site and find information about it and that is how you really going to get your answers.