What is there to do after you become a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you recommend? I was thinking either entrepreneurship or finance.

Honestly it depends on what you want to do. I was originally gonna do one in management, but I really really did not like my management classes during my undergrad.

I've been recommending people take a few undergrad business classes to see what you find most enjoyable and to see what is most applicable for what you want to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Be wary of promotions. Being on top (or near it) sounds good. The added pay is certainly nice although often not enough. Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes I wish I could just be out running the streets all day rather than being chained to the computer dealing with budgets, personnel issues, and "strategic planning." :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly it depends on what you want to do. I was originally gonna do one in management, but I really really did not like my management classes during my undergrad.

I've been recommending people take a few undergrad business classes to see what you find most enjoyable and to see what is most applicable for what you want to do.

Yeah, that's probably the smartest thing to do. Thanks for your input.

I have to admit, I don't know if I'll have the energy/patience to work on another degree after having been in school and working so long. I'm wondering how many pharamcists just burn out and focus on buying bigger toys/ travelling.

UF offers a joint dual degree program where both can be done in 5 years so one doesn't have to go back to school. You should probably look into that if you're seriously considering it. I know many schools offer the same type of program.

Pharmacy is awesome because there are so many different arenas other than retail opened up to you. I personally am looking into becoming a pharmacist at an Indian reservation since they usually are able to do more MTM.

Pharmacy is awesome because there are so many different arenas other than retail opened up to you. I personally am looking into becoming a pharmacist at an Indian reservation since they usually are able to do more MTM.

I'm sure that's pretty cool, but for those of us that don't know what MTM is........?

I'm sure that's pretty cool, but for those of us that don't know what MTM is........?

I ripped this off of APhA's website:
Medication Therapy Management services include medication therapy reviews, pharmacotherapy consults, anticoagulation management, immunizations, health and wellness programs and many other clinical services. Pharmacists provide medication therapy management to help patients get the best benefits from their medications by actively managing drug therapy and by identifying, preventing and resolving medication-related problems.

I personally plan to open up an Irish pub. Beanie babies, Irish pubs, it's all the same. :D

Are you going to brew what you serve or just carry the standard stuff on tap?

Are you going to brew what you serve or just carry the standard stuff on tap?

I'd be more than happy to carry local microbrews in addition to a good selection of drafts. I still haven't had time to tinker with/ figure out microbrewing. I'd especially like to make my own wine at the house. It seems like one batch can make a metric crap-ton of drinkable wine.