What is this lesion on Obama's face?

Started by Nilf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I think it's a booger.

I hate to correct residents but I'm chomping at the bit in terms of testing my newfound dermatology descriptors.

I see a lesion located at the left lateral border of the nose, 1-2cm in size, flesh-colored, most accurately described as a booger.

Treatment measures include observation and reassurance or aggressive excision with scar masking in the nasolabial folds.

(OK, I'll be honest, I have no idea what it is or what to do. But the big words sure are impressive. To me at least)

😉
 
I hate to correct residents but I'm chomping at the bit in terms of testing my newfound dermatology descriptors.

I see a lesion located at the left lateral border of the nose, 1-2cm in size, flesh-colored, most accurately described as a booger.

Treatment measures include observation and reassurance or aggressive excision with scar masking in the nasolabial folds.

(OK, I'll be honest, I have no idea what it is or what to do. But the big words sure are impressive. To me at least)

😉

Did Antonovich teach you any of those big $10 words? She's a real sweetheart and you all are lucky to have her.

It is probably just a nevus, but it is really hard to tell from that particular photograph... and it could probably be shaved off without causing much of a scar at all... although, now that I think about it, it could be the source of his power (like Samson's hair or Chandler's nubbin)... and if someone were to get rid of it he may no longer be "The One"...
 
Last edited: