What is up with podpost.us?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmbl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of articles about podiatry as a profession lately and keep coming across a website called PodPost. All of the articles and comments on the articles are extremely negative about the current affairs and future of this career. This is a question to residents/physicians; is podiatry as bad as they are making it out to be?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have been reading a lot of articles about podiatry as a profession lately and keep coming across www.podpost.us. All of the articles and comments on the articles are extremely negative about the current affairs and future of this career. This is a question to residents/physicians; is podiatry as bad as they are making it out to be?
No. The profession is bright. The person who runs the website is a mentally disturbed individual with absolutely no clue what the current residency standards are. I'm getting great surgical training while on service and get great medical training when I'm off service. Our training is light years ahead of where it was 15-20 years ago. As we continue to graduate residents with three year training the perception of our profession will continue to improve and the "overall quality" of a podiatrist will improve. Podiatry residents graduating now have way more exposure to medical training than previous graduates of the 1-2 year model. Thus allowing us to be "capable" of holding salaried positions within more and more hospital systems. With these positions you can't just be a podiatrist, you need to be a doctor who can articulate your needs clearly when consulting other medical specialties. You need to speak their language. To do this you need to have "experience" rotating in other medical disciplines.

This is the direction where our profession needs to go in order for us to reach "parity". We need to walk and talk like doctors and not just be surgical technicians of the foot and ankle, oblivious to the abnormal physiology that manifests itself in many of the pathologies we "treat" in the foot and ankle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, it is very reassuring. If I had to guess, it is probably the same two or three people making angry comments on every article.

Reactions: 1 user
I always wonder why there is so much negativity about podiatry to the point that there are websites dedicated to bringing down the profession. The website linked has so many articles, comments etc. That is some dedication.

So the guy who runs that site has been trolling this forum under a 100 different names for years and years (longer than I've been a member here). He used to run another forum that briefly had discussions on it with posters who weren't just figments of his imagination, but eventually he ran them all off. I still remember calling him out on this forum for his drivel and then taking a peak at his forum. He had filled pages of his forum with thread titles about how he was going to find me out and destroy me. It was crazy. Knowing now that he was an untreated skizophrenic (his words, his website) its kind of sad to think about. I hope he gets the treatment that he needs. That said, his influence is indescribably negative. He is a dreadful source of misinformation and when he comes to this forum he has repeatedly attempted to incite and stir up trouble. He creates new accounts and then attacks posters trying to bait them into fighting with him. We've lost at least one poster here to it. The moderators have done a good job as of late catching him. I don't think we should be sharing a link to his website - he doesn't deserve the publicity.

Reactions: 5 users
So the guy who runs that site has been trolling this forum under a 100 different names for years and years (longer than I've been a member here). He used to run another forum that briefly had discussions on it with posters who weren't just figments of his imagination, but eventually he ran them all off. I still remember calling him out on this forum for his drivel and then taking a peak at his forum. He had filled pages of his forum with thread titles about how he was going to find me out and destroy me. It was crazy. Knowing now that he was an untreated skizophrenic (his words, his website) its kind of sad to think about. I hope he gets the treatment that he needs. That said, his influence is indescribably negative. He is a dreadful source of misinformation and when he comes to this forum he has repeatedly attempted to incite and stir up trouble. He creates new accounts and then attacks posters trying to bait them into fighting with him. We've lost at least one poster here to it. The moderators have done a good job as of late catching him. I don't think we should be sharing a link to his website - he doesn't deserve the publicity.

Agreed, I have removed the link from my original post.

There are going to be malcontents in every profession. I am guessing the Pod route did not work for this person. Now if only they put as much effort into their site as they do putting their career back on track...

The guy who runs the site is named Seth Steinhour (not doxing anyone by posting that. His name is clearly listed on the website). He is a DPM who lost his license and thus cannot practice. I believe it was due to mental instability or something psych related (a google search can find the reason I don't exactly remember it off the top of my head now). Since he no longer practices, he spends his entire day posting negativity on his website. He has affiliate links galor on his site, and he spams message boards and websites such as reddit / pod arena / etc so people will click on his affiliate links and he will make money.

Not the best way to go about making a living, very juvenile... There are posts on the site of him making fun of people who were murdered, posting slangs against jewish people, etc. Horrible site.

He has a few other people on the site who post for him who are in similar situations (lost their license for one reason or another).

Whenever looking into a life changing decision, be mindful of confirmation bias. There is a human tendency to find information that justifies what we want to believe. There is truth on the podpost. However, presenting the truth in an incomplete picture is still misinformation. I would suggest going outside podiatry if at all possible and try and talk to 2-3 gps, and their referral staff and see what they are saying about podiatry. Then try and put those pieces together with info here, the post, pm news and 2-3 shadowing docs.
Almost no pods will admit when and what they are struggling with.
Overall, I don't think there is enough secure ROI opportunities in podiatry anymore. But I am well aware that many DPM'S still love and make a great living in private practice. I used to be one. I would also not write off the angelfire podiatry posting.
I would also suggest keeping up with kevinmd, medical economics, himss, modern healthcare, and health articles from the wsj, cnn etc.
Periodically Google aca and ACO effects on doctors and private practice.
Crash a conference and sit next to a couple of conversing grey haired DPM's at lunch and casually eavesdrop. Those guys are brutally honest until they sell you their practice.

Last edited:
This a good choice of profession. Podiatrists (called chiropodists) are specialized in the assessment and diagnosis of foot problems or foot-related problems.

Thanks for making this post, and for everyone who answered OP's question. I came across that website a few days ago, and was wondering why there was so much negativity as well, something definitely didn't seem right about the site.

One great thing about being an MD vs a podiatrist. If one bills 99348 in NYS and some other states approx 65% to 70% get denied and this prepayment situation does not apply to MD's
The subject matter of preaudits for podiatrists was mentioned on Pod Post a website full of positive information. To me positive information represents information allowing current students to achieve the degrees most likely to be not under pre audits by medicare.
This is one reason why having an MD or DO degree is so much better than having a DPM degree. Check these statistics do a google search on the NGS website and look the statistics up yourself and confirm them.

If parity is to exist then why not demonstrate uniform education and training as a medical student so as to get an MD degree?
Why not check out the article in podiatry post:
Confessions of a retired podiatrist new grads will make no money I feel has a lot of important info.
So much debt and what if one does not get a match how do they get licensed and pay off student loans?
If they were MD's then if they did not get matched with a residency specializing in foot care they might
get matched in a different field to get licensed to attempt to pay off student loans. But if podiatry schools were to close
after allowing the remaining students to finish and graduate then everyone else entering the field would get MD and
DO degrees by finishing Medical School.

Many years ago things were different and one could get licensed right out of podiatric medical school in many states.
By the way, I love practicing and treating the feet. I just am thinking of all the people I helped. If it were the 1980's and
I could do it all over again I would. But now in the 2015 era things are different. High tuition high loans
chance of not getting an opportunity to get licensed in many states. Why have podiatric medical schools where
people could end up suffering economically without a way of paying back student loans?
By the way being board certified in podiatric medicine

I just feel that people should never be critical of any individual because it is never good to hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If parity is to exist then why not demonstrate uniform education and training as a medical student so as to get an MD degree?
Why not check out the article in podiatry post:
Confessions of a retired podiatrist new grads will make no money I feel has a lot of important info.
So much debt and what if one does not get a match how do they get licensed and pay off student loans?
If they were MD's then if they did not get matched with a residency specializing in foot care they might
get matched in a different field to get licensed to attempt to pay off student loans. But if podiatry schools were to close
after allowing the remaining students to finish and graduate then everyone else entering the field would get MD and
DO degrees by finishing Medical School.

Many years ago things were different and one could get licensed right out of podiatric medical school in many states.
By the way, I love practicing and treating the feet. I just am thinking of all the people I helped. If it were the 1980's and
I could do it all over again I would. But now in the 2015 era things are different. High tuition high loans
chance of not getting an opportunity to get licensed in many states. Why have podiatric medical schools where
people could end up suffering economically without a way of paying back student loans?
By the way being board certified in podiatric medicine

I just feel that people should never be critical of any individual because it is never good to hurt anyone's feelings.
The residency problem is basically a non issue at this point. We're currently at a surplus of spots for the number of students graduating and once all the students who got screwed over when there was a residency shortage are worked through then the surplus will be maintained and inavailability of residencies should be a thing of the past.

Whomever runs that website surely doesn't know the current state of podiatric education or residency training. Thats their bad.

If you want to be an MD, then go be an MD. That's your bad.

Be courteous and contribute positively is one of the rules that I am trying to understand. Contributing positively in my opinion means giving accurate info. I am a podiatrist that enjoys
teaching podiatry residents. The residency problem as pointed out in a post in pod post says that even if a residency position exists, it does not have to be filled. The program can
turn around and not fill it. Furthermore someone can be unmatched for 30 years and still not get a match. NYS passed legislation mandating a 3 years residency
program for all new applicants that never had residency opportunity so that someone would have the privilege to debride a wart on the ankle, etc.... Thus
if someone were an MD or a nurse they would be licensed to debride a lesion on the ankle. The exception is if a contiguous foot wound is present then one can debride
that wound on the ankle without a ankle permit. The idea behind this I am guessing is to create new opportunities for graduates.
Being surgeon of record many years ago performing joint implant surgery with grommets was a wonderful opportunity.
I love treating the foot and I do not have the time to become an MD. However becoming a nurse or nurse practitioner is the only way I can think of increasing scope so that I can
be enabled to treat ankle lesions without contiguous foot wounds being present in NYS.
Being positive to me involves appreciating what is available and all the good I did as a podiatrist to help others. Yet as far as pod post goes I believe there is a lot of positive info that
should be read so long as no one individual is ever talked about in a negative way. Read my above comment again.
In my opinion one should only say nice things about others.
My next step is to show some residents what a dermatoscope is and criteria involved in it. A podiatric resident told me they did not know what a dermatoscope is. Well you know something ,
there is a lot that I don't know also. To admit that someone does not know something takes courage and I do love teaching others so much.
For me treating the foot as a podiatrist is something that I love and enjoy.
I am so grateful for that opportunity.

Be courteous and contribute positively is one of the rules that I am trying to understand. Contributing positively in my opinion means giving accurate info. I am a podiatrist that enjoys
teaching podiatry residents. The residency problem as pointed out in a post in pod post says that even if a residency position exists, it does not have to be filled. The program can
turn around and not fill it. Furthermore someone can be unmatched for 30 years and still not get a match. NYS passed legislation mandating a 3 years residency
program for all new applicants that never had residency opportunity so that someone would have the privilege to debride a wart on the ankle, etc.... Thus
if someone were an MD or a nurse they would be licensed to debride a lesion on the ankle. The exception is if a contiguous foot wound is present then one can debride
that wound on the ankle without a ankle permit. The idea behind this I am guessing is to create new opportunities for graduates.
Being surgeon of record many years ago performing joint implant surgery with grommets was a wonderful opportunity.
I love treating the foot and I do not have the time to become an MD. However becoming a nurse or nurse practitioner is the only way I can think of increasing scope so that I can
be enabled to treat ankle lesions without contiguous foot wounds being present in NYS.
Being positive to me involves appreciating what is available and all the good I did as a podiatrist to help others. Yet as far as pod post goes I believe there is a lot of positive info that
should be read so long as no one individual is ever talked about in a negative way. Read my above comment again.
In my opinion one should only say nice things about others.
My next step is to show some residents what a dermatoscope is and criteria involved in it. A podiatric resident told me they did not know what a dermatoscope is. Well you know something ,
there is a lot that I don't know also. To admit that someone does not know something takes courage and I do love teaching others so much.
For me treating the foot as a podiatrist is something that I love and enjoy.
I am so grateful for that opportunity.
It's true that a program doesn't have to fill its spots and I'm sure that's part of the reason that the current model is a 10% surplus of residency positions.

Are you saying that you can't get an ankle permit because you did not do a three year residency, but new residents who do the three year residency can get an ankle permit?

I believe one of the goals of Vision 2015 (which obviously hasn't been accomplished by 2015 but they'll keep working on it anyway) is to work on the national scope of practice problem. If you look at the Orthopedic Medical Associations, their main arguments against podiatrists working on the ankle or up to the tibial tubercle is inconsistencies in education and residency training. AACPM has made steps to standardize podiatric education in schools and APMAs (or whoever's decision it was) move towards a three year residency model across the board will be a boon to future scope of practice battles as well. I think that's the whole point, and I think the Orthopedic Associations were right on that count. It might suck as a practicing pod now in the middle of all this flux, but its all to benefit future generations of pods and the field itself.

I wasn't impressed by any of the articles I read on podpost but of you link to an article through here that you think has correct information and is worth reading I'll gladly give it a look...although no guarantee I'll be impressed.

Also, I apologize if I came off like an a s s.

Last edited:
its all to benefit future generations of pods and the field itself.
I cannot get an ankle permit to practice at which is in podiatric medicine. I cannot medically treat the ankle and after 30 years experience I now have to hope to get a residency. 2 years ago I was
rejected. Podiatric medicine includes care of the ankle.
In order to "benefit future generations of pods" all future pods must first become MD's and DO's and go to Medical School. All previous and current students enrolled in podiatric medical
school should be given a chance to finish and get their DPM degrees and matched with programs so they can get limited licenses.

The best way to standardize educations in the schools and to graduate only MD's and DO's is by closing the podiatric schools down only after
All previous and current students enrolled in podiatric medical
school should be given a chance to finish and get their DPM degrees and matched with programs so they can get limited licenses.
I cannot believe I am posting all this. This is not a bad but a positive step toward the future for any future students wanting to treat the foot to first go to medical school and get that MD or DO
degree or to go to Nursing School and get a Nursing degree or to become a PA so as to be enabled to treat the ankle.
Uniform training and education in medical school so as to best benefit the public. APMA vision 2015 should be replaced by closing every podiatric medical school after
All previous and current students enrolled in podiatric medical
school should be given a chance to finish and get their DPM degrees and matched with programs so they can get limited licenses. Think how many patients and future students will benefit.
Pod Post and reading it gave me insight and knowledge and I cannot believe how my opinions have changed.

There's a lot of podiatrists out there who went into practice when residencies were not mandatory, nor standardized. Many didn't get rearfoot training. They still provide valuable services to the public and many in fact make very good salaries. Nowadays they have to bump into all these new residents coming up who logged heavy surgery numbers in rearfoot & trauma. Obviously nobody should be surprised that there's gonna be some disconnect, friction, and resentment (such as the poster above me who is recommending that all podiatry schools close down because it's unfair). The reality is that the state of podiatric training nation-wide is fantastic right now compared to decades past. And that should be a good thing, don't you think?

The reality is that the state of podiatric training nation-wide is fantastic right now compared to decades past. And that should be a good thing, don't you think?
Training is not available for any podiatrist that is unmatched because they do not have that MD or DO degree to enter residency training into another
medical field so as to best be able to earn a living.
Educational and training in podiatric medical schools to get that MD degree or DO degree so why not modernize by shutting all podiatric medical schools down and
only having medical schools? This way no orthopedists or any MD or DO will ever be able to argue that the training and education is different because everyone graduating will be
an MD or DO? Closing podiatric medical schools will uniformly improve public health by uniformly improving pregraduate education and training to provide MD and
DO degrees. Why not read pod post and read comments under confessions of a retired podiatrists new grads will make no money.
I used to be a member of the APMA and guess what I used to think and believe everything that was told to me. Yet this info at pod post so many posts and there are
references. procedure code 99348 house calls being denied by medicare in NYS approx. 65% denials in 2015 for podiatrists and not MD's in NYS.
More MD's and DO's providing foot care will only benefit public health.

Sorry. The website you base your arguments upon is full of rants from a few disgruntled DPM's (or 1 single DPM duping accounts). You ever stop and wonder why this person is disgruntled and hates the profession when there are thousands of successful DPM's out there who are doing great and don't hate the profession? Some people experience failure and blame everything around them. Unfortunately, they also tend to be the most vocal and extreme.

Sorry. The website you base your arguments upon is full of rants from a few disgruntled DPM's (or 1 single DPM duping accounts). You ever stop and wonder why this person is disgruntled and hates the profession when there are thousands of successful DPM's out there who are doing great and don't hate the profession? Some people experience failure and blame everything around them. Unfortunately, they also tend to be the most vocal and extreme.

Wait a second. New York State legislature does not even recognized board certification in podiatric medicine which includes skin lesions on the ankle as being worthy to treat medically by a podiatrist only unless there is a contiguous foot wound. House calls in states being pre audited by medicare for code 99348 only because someone is a podiatrist and not an MD or DPM.
Are New York State legislature and CMS medicare also "disgruntled with podiatrists" and not disgruntled with MD's and DO's.

To hate any profession is wrong. The problem is that I do not see "podiatry as a separate profession that consists of DPMS's as an answer to helping the public in this modern day and age".
There is the profession of those unlimited licensed practitioners that specialize in foot care. One modern not outdated way to get parity with other MD's and DO's is to become an
MD or a DO by going to medical school and then specializing in the "profession of all unlimited licensed practitioners that diagnose and treat the foot" The DPM degree and educational
model in my opinion is outdated. I fully understand that as a DPM and having outdated training I too would have to go to medical school or DO school in order to
obtain such uniform pregraduate education and training to get that MD or DO degree if I were to wish to have full parity.
I understand that some DPMS that went to podiatric medical school might feel they are failures because they did not get MD or DO degrees. DPMS with limited licenses
do provide valuable foot services but they are not equal to MD's and DO's. My suggestion to close all the podiatric medical schools will benefit and improve public health by ensuring parity of pre graduate education for every MD and DO heath provider in the profession that specializes in foot care. Are some DPMS that do not want such a change disgruntled because they are really not equal to MD's and DO's?

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that he went through all the trouble of being brainwashed and it wasn't even for something cool, like a cult. How disappointing...

CPT 99348 = house calls.

Do you want to do those? None for me, thanks.

There are always those who will be disgruntled and many times their concerns are very real to them, although their reality may not mirror yours or mine. Sometimes where there is smoke there's fire, and although I'm not a frequent reader of the site, there have been a few topics that seemed to expose some truths. I'm not sure I agree with the way the message is disseminated, but if something there offends me or I disagree, I simply click off.

No. The profession is bright. The person who runs the website is a mentally disturbed individual with absolutely no clue what the current residency standards are. I'm getting great surgical training while on service and get great medical training when I'm off service. Our training is light years ahead of where it was 15-20 years ago. As we continue to graduate residents with three year training the perception of our profession will continue to improve and the "overall quality" of a podiatrist will improve. Podiatry residents graduating now have way more exposure to medical training than previous graduates of the 1-2 year model. Thus allowing us to be "capable" of holding salaried positions within more and more hospital systems. With these positions you can't just be a podiatrist, you need to be a doctor who can articulate your needs clearly when consulting other medical specialties. You need to speak their language. To do this you need to have "experience" rotating in other medical disciplines.

This is the direction where our profession needs to go in order for us to reach "parity". We need to walk and talk like doctors and not just be surgical technicians of the foot and ankle, oblivious to the abnormal physiology that manifests itself in many of the pathologies we "treat" in the foot and ankle.
Is mocking mental illness part of podiatry training? Do you laugh at diabetes? A remarkably immature perspective. Despite any training—none of which is recognized by the ACS—this exemplifies how distant of a cousin podiatry is to medicine.

Mods.....please......this thread....

Reactions: 1 users
Is mocking mental illness part of podiatry training?
mocking (adj.)
making fun of someone or something in a cruel way; derisive

Which part of what Ankle Breaker said was mocking mental illness?

Do you laugh at diabetes?
non sequitur
Who said anything about diabetes...other than you?

Despite any training—none of which is recognized by the ACS
argumentum ad verecundiam
Who says that any single association is the ultimate authority on anything, especially one which is clearly biased towards its paying members. Why would ACS recognize the training of podiatric surgeons, or dental surgeons, or physical therapists, or anybody other than their own constituent members? I also assume that ACFAS doesn't directly recognize the training of non-podiatric healthcare providers. Podiatric training is sufficient for podiatric practice. Your opinion doesn't change that fact.

Reactions: 1 users
I can't, and don't care to debate you. This is remarkably silly. Fifty states, fifty scopes of practice. You are podiatrists, and that is the path you chose. To the question as to: "Who says any single association . . . " is absurd. There is a general standard of care which all states in the US acknowledge. Podiatry is limited via legislation therefore subject to those rules, regulations, and statutes. Podiatry training is sufficient to practice podiatry. My opinion doesn't change that fact, or the fact that podiatrists are not part of the larger realm of healthcare, they're ancillary providers seeking a niche. My opinion is meaningless in light of the wholly close minded.

Amazing, you ban, censor, and delete after a few posts. No wonder podiatry is such a joke. I'll be sharing this among all the sites that still believe podiatrists are stooges.

Amazing, you ban, censor, and delete after a few posts. No wonder podiatry is such a joke. I'll be sharing this among all the sites that still believe podiatrists are stooges.
Was professionalism not part of the curriculum where you went to school? There's no need to insult other professions and your posts are completely off topic from what the OP intended. Please...stahp...

What would you like me to do?

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

Winston Churchill

Do you want honest answers to questions, or lollipops and butterflies?

I suspect to be banned, but not before raising an index of suspicion as to why.

This thread has pretty well outlived it's usefulness and will be closed. I'm reminding everybody that if you suspect someone of "trolling" don't engage with them, use the report function to notify the moderating staff and we will look into it. There are many different views of the world of podiatry, and healthy discussion is encouraged. If you need, review the terms of service. Attacks simply because you disagree with someones view point may possibly result in some form of action being taken. Feel free to PM @pacpod or myself with any questions or concerns and please, keep it civil here.

Status
Not open for further replies.