1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what is up with USC????

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Happy83, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Happy83

Happy83 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I got a letter today from USC. They said that " Your application has completed the preliminary review and has proceeded to the next and most critical level of review". That is so weird, usually schools just send you a letter saying your application is complete or an interview invitation. Hopes this doesn't mean bad news. Did anyone get the same thing?

2. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    haha, "critical level of review", it sounds so dangerous or important. i don't think it's bad news though.

3. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That letter sounds quite ominous but much better then the letter I DIDN'T get from USC. No news is bad news in this case.

4. mychoi

mychoi Member
    7+ Year Member

i received the same letter.

5. Future DDS

Future DDS Member
    5+ Year Member

hmm, i say not to worry much about it and still hold your hope! :)

6. Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Could be worse, could say your application has been reviewed and will now be recycled into toilet paper for campus use...

7. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Member
    7+ Year Member

I recieved a letter from USC today saying that they've basically recieved my AADSAS application, and they're happy i applied to their school. They also said "be assured that your application will recieve our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review". WTF does that mean? I'd rather have a letter saying I've passed into the critical review. I feel like they're just using my secondary money to send me pointless leters :scared: Did anybody else get this same letter??

8. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Actualy, they spent 39 cents of your secondary money to send you letters. The other $59.61 probably went for beer and pizza for the adcoms while they reviewed other people's applications.