what is up with USC????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happy83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today from USC. They said that " Your application has completed the preliminary review and has proceeded to the next and most critical level of review". That is so weird, usually schools just send you a letter saying your application is complete or an interview invitation. Hopes this doesn't mean bad news. Did anyone get the same thing?

Members don't see this ad.

haha, "critical level of review", it sounds so dangerous or important. i don't think it's bad news though.

Happy83 said:
I got a letter today from USC. They said that " Your application has completed the preliminary review and has proceeded to the next and most critical level of review". That is so weird, usually schools just send you a letter saying your application is complete or an interview invitation. Hopes this doesn't mean bad news. Did anyone get the same thing?

That letter sounds quite ominous but much better then the letter I DIDN'T get from USC. No news is bad news in this case.

Members don't see this ad :)
i received the same letter.

hmm, i say not to worry much about it and still hold your hope! :)

Happy83 said:

Could be worse, could say your application has been reviewed and will now be recycled into toilet paper for campus use...

Kremlar said:
Could be worse, could say your application has been reviewed and will now be recycled into toilet paper for campus use...

I recieved a letter from USC today saying that they've basically recieved my AADSAS application, and they're happy i applied to their school. They also said "be assured that your application will recieve our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review". WTF does that mean? I'd rather have a letter saying I've passed into the critical review. I feel like they're just using my secondary money to send me pointless leters :scared: Did anybody else get this same letter??

Bungipug said:
I recieved a letter from USC today saying that they've basically recieved my AADSAS application, and they're happy i applied to their school. They also said "be assured that your application will recieve our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review". WTF does that mean? I'd rather have a letter saying I've passed into the critical review. I feel like they're just using my secondary money to send me pointless leters :scared: Did anybody else get this same letter??

Actualy, they spent 39 cents of your secondary money to send you letters. The other $59.61 probably went for beer and pizza for the adcoms while they reviewed other people's applications.