1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

what is up with USC????

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Happy83, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Happy83

Happy83 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I got a letter today from USC. They said that " Your application has completed the preliminary review and has proceeded to the next and most critical level of review". That is so weird, usually schools just send you a letter saying your application is complete or an interview invitation. Hopes this doesn't mean bad news. Did anyone get the same thing?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    haha, "critical level of review", it sounds so dangerous or important. i don't think it's bad news though.

4. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That letter sounds quite ominous but much better then the letter I DIDN'T get from USC. No news is bad news in this case.

5. mychoi

mychoi Member
    7+ Year Member

i received the same letter.

6. Future DDS

Future DDS Member
    5+ Year Member

hmm, i say not to worry much about it and still hold your hope! :)

7. Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Could be worse, could say your application has been reviewed and will now be recycled into toilet paper for campus use...

8. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Member
    7+ Year Member

I recieved a letter from USC today saying that they've basically recieved my AADSAS application, and they're happy i applied to their school. They also said "be assured that your application will recieve our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review". WTF does that mean? I'd rather have a letter saying I've passed into the critical review. I feel like they're just using my secondary money to send me pointless leters :scared: Did anybody else get this same letter??

9. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Actualy, they spent 39 cents of your secondary money to send you letters. The other $59.61 probably went for beer and pizza for the adcoms while they reviewed other people's applications.