What is wrong with me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SauvignonBlanc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems that I am pre-occupied with what to wear at any given time. For example, when I received invitation for interviews all I was woriied about was what to wear to the interview. I hit the mall trying on suits even though I have several suits from my not too long ago days as an administrative assistant.

When I started receiving offer letters all I could think about was how to dress up for pharm school.

Now I have purchased tons of clothing, even though I don't know which School I would end up choosing. (I'll probably choose the cheaper school so I can have more money to shop 😕 )

Is this some kind of a disorder?

Can anyone relate.
 
SauvignonBlanc said:
It seems that I am pre-occupied with what to wear at any given time. For example, when I received invitation for interviews all I was woriied about was what to wear to the interview. I hit the mall trying on suits even though I have several suits from my not too long ago days as an administrative assistant.

When I started receiving offer letters all I could think about was how to dress up for pharm school.

Now I have purchased tons of clothing, even though I don't know which School I would end up choosing. (I'll probably choose the cheaper school so I can have more money to shop 😕 )

Is this some kind of a disorder?

Can anyone relate.

Well, I'm a senior in high school and I've bought way too many clothes just for my pharmacy tech. job if that makes you feel any better. By the time I start interviews I'll have an overload of dress pants. Yeesh.
 
SauvignonBlanc said:
It seems that I am pre-occupied with what to wear at any given time. For example, when I received invitation for interviews all I was woriied about was what to wear to the interview. I hit the mall trying on suits even though I have several suits from my not too long ago days as an administrative assistant.

When I started receiving offer letters all I could think about was how to dress up for pharm school.

Now I have purchased tons of clothing, even though I don't know which School I would end up choosing. (I'll probably choose the cheaper school so I can have more money to shop 😕 )

Is this some kind of a disorder?

Can anyone relate.


Wine lover? Initially out of undergrad I worked in Napa and wanted to go to Davis for enology. Then I spent all of my money on clothes in Napa boutiques, and had to move. Maybe pharmacy will support my clothes fetish as well...

I feel your pain.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha. i'm the total opposite. i have to go buy clothes after my finals so that i have professional clothes to go on rotations. and i'm a girl!
 
I don't care much about the clothes, we'll be half covered with a white coat anyway, but I DO care about the shoes. Standing 8 hours a day in uncomfortable shoes is not fun.

The last 4 or 5 shoe purchases I have made have been mistakes. I feel very skeptical when I buy shoes lately.

Chris
 
Heh.. that's funny.. college tuition repress any preoccupation with new clothes. It sucks being a poor student in a private uni. *pout*
 
freshbeatschris said:
I don't care much about the clothes, we'll be half covered with a white coat anyway, but I DO care about the shoes. Standing 8 hours a day in uncomfortable shoes is not fun.

The last 4 or 5 shoe purchases I have made have been mistakes. I feel very skeptical when I buy shoes lately.

Chris
There are people during lab who wear these high heeled shoes. I don't, and sometimes when I get out of lab, my feet hurt. I wonder how they do it.
 
genesis09 said:
There are people during lab who wear these high heeled shoes. I don't, and sometimes when I get out of lab, my feet hurt. I wonder how they do it.

i live in heels. i only own one pair of tennis shoes which i ONLY wear to the gym.
No one even knows what my real height is.....i dont even think i know what my real height is.
 
RockAByBaby said:
i live in heels. i only own one pair of tennis shoes which i ONLY wear to the gym.
No one even knows what my real height is.....i dont even think i know what my real height is.

hahha..you're funny..I admire people who have the ability to "live in heels"..I wear gym shoes almost all the time, except when i go to work, or it's too hot outside...It's sooo hard to find a pair of shoes at just ok, not too high and comfortable and yet not too expensive. 😀

I enjoy buys some so-so heels (about 2, 3 inches) and barely wear them..:laugh:
 
RockAByBaby said:
i live in heels. i only own one pair of tennis shoes which i ONLY wear to the gym.
No one even knows what my real height is.....i dont even think i know what my real height is.

i can't even make it to the building from the parking lot in heels, so i wear my flipflops during the walk and switch shoes before i enter the building.