what is your answer?

Started by kapMD/PhD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kapMD/PhD

T-1 yr
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok - so someone finds out you're in the MD/PhD program - you go through the process of explaining it to them - they sigh and say "gosh - why on earth are you doing that" insinuating that it is too long or too hard - what do you say?
 
kapMD/PhD said:
Ok - so someone finds out you're in the MD/PhD program - you go through the process of explaining it to them - they sigh and say "gosh - why on earth are you doing that" insinuating that it is too long or too hard - what do you say?
Nothing. If you get that kind of reaction, they probably don't understand the joy of research AND medicine
 
That's why I carry a spoon in my pocket at all times. Someone gives me that kind of crap, I whip out the spoon and say, "Why don't you have a spoon, so you can eat my ass!"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think all the cool Asian dudes are turning, inevitably, into Gangstas.

AndyMilonakis said:
That's why I carry a spoon in my pocket at all times. Someone gives me that kind of crap, I whip out the spoon and say, "Why don't you have a spoon, so you can eat my ass!"
 
sluox said:
I think all the cool Asian dudes are turning, inevitably, into Gangstas.
I'm in the preppy Asian gang...we're gangsters, not gangstas. Recudnize!
 
kapMD/PhD said:
Ok - so someone finds out you're in the MD/PhD program - you go through the process of explaining it to them - they sigh and say "gosh - why on earth are you doing that" insinuating that it is too long or too hard - what do you say?

"Wait, is being well-heeled, brilliant and awesome no longer cool?"

Most people won't get it, but most people believe in bigfoot.