What is your 'plan B?'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

femme_fatal

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am what is considered a 'marginal' radiology applicant. For various reasons. I was told by many many people that I might not be able to match at all and to start thinking about alternative career. I will try my best to match, and so far my plan B is to reapply after internship year. Can anyone share theirs? I do not really want to do Nuclear medicine, take year off for research, etc. I am an older applicant (I am 36).
thanks
 
femme_fatal said:
Hi, I am what is considered a 'marginal' radiology applicant. For various reasons. I was told by many many people that I might not be able to match at all and to start thinking about alternative career. I will try my best to match, and so far my plan B is to reapply after internship year. Can anyone share theirs? I do not really want to do Nuclear medicine, take year off for research, etc. I am an older applicant (I am 36).
thanks

I was just going to try again, but fortunately I matched and I was really concerned about not matching...so try to stay positive and interview really well. Apply broadly if you haven't already...I applied to 70+ radiology programs...might as well spend some money upfront to increase your chances of matching. I luckily matched at my #1 but had I not I probably would have matched to my #3 and #5 which went unfilled. I could not predict which programs I would get an interview at...I was surprised I didn't get some interviews at some programs, and at least 1/2 of my interviews were a total shock.

Why not do a gen surg residency, then plastics......your biography still says "wanna be a plastic surgeon."