What keeps you focussed?

Started by MrLeaky
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been trying to convince the wife to buy me the entire DS9 series for X-mas, but no dice yet 🙁

I haven't watched TNG in a while... still bitter they killed off Data

Why is everyone so crazy over video games??? I'll take my new Louis Vuitton bag for Christmas. 😀
 
It's just interesting to watch the dynamics of the show. I mean, promotion must be a PITA in the Federation. Most of the characters have had the same rank for God only knows how long.

And when does the crew get to see their families? I mean O'Brien marries Keiko, so he gets to have a wife onboard. Does the average crewman get the same privilege? And when does this evolve into a Macross situation with so many civilians running around all willy-nilly?

Yeah, it's the end of the semester. 😀

Data outlined in one episode how long it takes to reach each rank. It was something like 15 years just to get to Lt Commander. Although in the new movie, they seem to move a little too quickly.

As for the families, I've always figured that not all ships go off for years and years at a time. Sure your flagship and such might, but there's gotta be ships that just go out on six month tours.

And I thought, judging from the size of the school, that anyone could have kids on board if the ship was big enough.

mmmm, Jadzia Dax...

I second that!
 
I'd take Toronto over NYC any day of the week. Live in upstate NY for a few years, then tell me how much you love NYC. Oh, upstate NY isn't pretty or lively enough for you? Yeah, that's because the rest of the state is broke because ****loads of tax money gets funneled to the city. However, if you think an endless money pit that manages to leave the entire rest of a state in economic hardship is gorgeous, then I guess I can't change your mind.

hmm...why do the state of NY do that? I have never been outside of NYC...so I wasn't aware of this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why is everyone so crazy over video games??? I'll take my new Louis Vuitton bag for Christmas. 😀

I thought there was some "girl" thread elsewhere. :laugh:

We're talking about the shoooow, not a video game!

I'll take someone else's Louis Vu... whatever... bag, too. And sell it on eBay so I can afford the seasons of TNG. :meanie:
 
I got the new Ghostbusters game for Xbox 360 for my bday two months ago, and it's still in the plastic.

Because I'm sooooo focused. 😀

Lol I got it for a wedding present for my PS3. I started playing it one weekend, it was awesome, but I haven't had time since then 🙁

I'm a big racing fiend (and they're easy to just pick up and play for 15 min) so I'll stick to my Burnout Paradise and Trackmania United until school's done
 
I finally hooked the female friend's xbox up to the internet and browsed the market place. I downloaded their version of Settlers of Cataan and played it for quite a while.

When I explained that I was playing a board game by myself on an xbox 360, I got no sympathy from her.

I'll do that with Monopoly on the Wii. The wife will come home and just shake her head
 
It's not a video game 😛

I play very few video games, just don't have the time for them

Oh my bad, I didn't know. The only shows I watch are America's Next Top Model or Sex in the City. 😳
 
I'll do that with Monopoly on the Wii. The wife will come home and just shake her head

My boyfriend plays monopoly on POGO.com every single day and yells at the computer like they can hear him when he buys boardwalk. lol

The only video game that I like to play is nintendo 64 from the late 90's... mario kart, wave racer... you know.

I don't watch much TV either... I didn't even have cable during undergrad. I like sex and the city though. Samantha is great. haha