What keeps you motivated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

james07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you in Pharmacy School, what keeps you motivated when your stressed out, you bomb a test or when you have multiple things to study for? What keeps you moving?

Members don't see this ad.

Just remember that one day after all the struggles, you will be a pharmacist.

For those of you in Pharmacy School, what keeps you motivated when your stressed out, you bomb a test or when you have multiple things to study for? What keeps you moving?

The thought of working next to doctors and them asking my professional opinion on complex drug regimens

oh, and I've wanted one of these since high school, it will be my graduation present to myself:

10ndme1.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm no pharm student but wanting to provide for my daughter gives me all the motivation I need to go over parasympathetic nerve pathways one more time (sigh...)

The thought of graduating and never having to see the administrators at the school of pharmacy EVER AGAIN was enough motivation for me.

Six words:

Commiserating with friends at happy hour.

I work hard all year long...so I can go to ASHP and get the beads to go to that rocking party put on by complete rx with open bar... Yeah that's it! :thumbup:

That in about 6 months I can just worry about playing golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thought of graduating and never having to see the administrators at the school of pharmacy EVER AGAIN was enough motivation for me.
LOL, good answer. more replies are welcome.

The thought if being able to go home and do whatever I want after an 8 hour work day. Also, having the money to do pretty much whatever I want. :)

Imagine working four-10s...that's my reality. 3 days off a week...it's like paradise...

I can't WAIT until that day! That's what the pharmacists do at the hospital I work for. It feels like forever away...but one day it will be reality.

The thought if being able to go home and do whatever I want after an 8 hour work day. Also, having the money to do pretty much whatever I want. :)

yeah thats one of the reasons I've decided to pursue this, you get the flexibility in hours, you get to actually have a life outside your job and still make the six figure range.

I think about all the schooling and other crap I've already gone through and figure if I made it through that, I can just keep on truckin' through pharmacy school.

I just think about all the hurdles I've already gone through to get to this point, and that makes me sure I can keep going. Also, my parents didn't want me to go back to school, so there's definitely an element of "See, I told you so" in there.

Becoming a millionaire in a far fututre. I want to move on to Ph.d in Pharmaceutical science after years of working in pharmacy.