james07

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Non-Student
For those of you in Pharmacy School, what keeps you motivated when your stressed out, you bomb a test or when you have multiple things to study for? What keeps you moving?

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Just remember that one day after all the struggles, you will be a pharmacist.

NormalSaline

Isotonic Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For those of you in Pharmacy School, what keeps you motivated when your stressed out, you bomb a test or when you have multiple things to study for? What keeps you moving?
The thought of working next to doctors and them asking my professional opinion on complex drug regimens

oh, and I've wanted one of these since high school, it will be my graduation present to myself:

About the Ads

meister

15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
Status
Attending Physician
I'm no pharm student but wanting to provide for my daughter gives me all the motivation I need to go over parasympathetic nerve pathways one more time (sigh...)

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
The thought of graduating and never having to see the administrators at the school of pharmacy EVER AGAIN was enough motivation for me.

ItsOverZyvox

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2008
Status
I work hard all year long...so I can go to ASHP and get the beads to go to that rocking party put on by complete rx with open bar... Yeah that's it! :thumbup:

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Pharmacist
LOL, good answer. more replies are welcome.
And the funny thing is that you might think I'm just joking...hell, I won't even practice in the same state. I started anew. God knows the tarnish to my name those people have done in WV....

crossurfingers

15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
Status
The thought if being able to go home and do whatever I want after an 8 hour work day. Also, having the money to do pretty much whatever I want. :)

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Pharmacist
The thought if being able to go home and do whatever I want after an 8 hour work day. Also, having the money to do pretty much whatever I want. :)
Imagine working four-10s...that's my reality. 3 days off a week...it's like paradise...

SexyPlexi

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Imagine working four-10s...that's my reality. 3 days off a week...it's like paradise...

I can't WAIT until that day! That's what the pharmacists do at the hospital I work for. It feels like forever away...but one day it will be reality.

james07

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Non-Student
yeah thats one of the reasons I've decided to pursue this, you get the flexibility in hours, you get to actually have a life outside your job and still make the six figure range.

mustang sally

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
The middle of nowhere
Status
Pharmacist
I think about all the schooling and other crap I've already gone through and figure if I made it through that, I can just keep on truckin' through pharmacy school.

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pharmacy Student
I just think about all the hurdles I've already gone through to get to this point, and that makes me sure I can keep going. Also, my parents didn't want me to go back to school, so there's definitely an element of "See, I told you so" in there.

About the Ads