• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

What keeps you motivated?

NormalSaline

Isotonic Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
For those of you in Pharmacy School, what keeps you motivated when your stressed out, you bomb a test or when you have multiple things to study for? What keeps you moving?

The thought of working next to doctors and them asking my professional opinion on complex drug regimens

oh, and I've wanted one of these since high school, it will be my graduation present to myself:

10ndme1.jpg

About the Ads

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
  1. Pharmacist
LOL, good answer. more replies are welcome.

And the funny thing is that you might think I'm just joking...hell, I won't even practice in the same state. I started anew. God knows the tarnish to my name those people have done in WV....

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
  1. Pharmacist
The thought if being able to go home and do whatever I want after an 8 hour work day. Also, having the money to do pretty much whatever I want. :)

Imagine working four-10s...that's my reality. 3 days off a week...it's like paradise...

james07

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
  1. Non-Student
The thought if being able to go home and do whatever I want after an 8 hour work day. Also, having the money to do pretty much whatever I want. :)

yeah thats one of the reasons I've decided to pursue this, you get the flexibility in hours, you get to actually have a life outside your job and still make the six figure range.

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
  1. Pharmacy Student
I just think about all the hurdles I've already gone through to get to this point, and that makes me sure I can keep going. Also, my parents didn't want me to go back to school, so there's definitely an element of "See, I told you so" in there.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.