What kind of suit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

X

Alright I wanna buy a new suit.....what color is okay? I know Hunter Green is not according to some - what does Hunter green look like (I have no idea, but wanna avoid it)? Can anyone show me Hunter green please

Second, is gray alright, how about olive? Please post what you guys are wearing.
Including shirt (anyone wearing anything other than white)?

X

Members don't see this ad.

I actually met a girl wearing a hunter green suit at one of my last interviews. I don't think she got in, so the hype is true! ;)

As far as what hunter green looks like, it's really dark. I did a search for hunter green suits on google, and most of the hits were for maternity suits! Hmmm... perhaps the color takes off a few pound? =)

Anywhere, here is one link: http://www.professionalmaternity.com/irmismatsuit1.html

Doesn't look so bad.......maybe its the net...is it really green or something (looks sort of black on the monitor). What's the big deal, doesn't look sooooo bad?

X

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a black suit and a dark dark blue suit. As for shirts, I have white and blue. I know it's probably really stupid, but I actually wear different shirts based on my perception of the school. For example, I interviewed at USUHS (more conservative) and I wore a white shirt with a blue tie. I also interviewed at NYMC (more liberal??) so I wore a blue shirt with a matching gold/blue tie. At Creighton, I plan on wearing a white shirt and a red tie and at Drexel, I plan on wearing a blue shirt and gold/blue tie again. Maybe I am thinking about this too much.........hehe.

Jetson

My interview suits are charcoal grey pinstripe and navy (with a black plaid pattern) and my shirts are white and a off white with a subtle tiny stripe. Ties are conservative maroon, navy pattern, or maroon black and gold pattern. Shoes cordovan.

If this is your first suit and you're only getting one, go with navy/dark blue or grey. They're both appropriate for almost any occasion that call for a suit. Try a deep blue, subtle pinstipe, Hugo Boss. Be sure to get suspenders for those special occasions. ;)

IMO, green, hunter or otherwise, is not as useful for as many different occasions as the others -- seems more like a 2nd or 3rd suit choice. Have fun.