What kinda car you in? :P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm hoping for the upcoming Tesla economy model - rumored that it is aimed at starting around 35k and runs only on electricity. My main interest is in long term cost reduction - haven't done the math yet to see if the extra price beats out not having to buy gas

Tesla is the only car I'd consider replacing my M5 with. I'm looking forward to seeing many Model 3s on the road in the near future.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Former cars owned include 325is E30 with M50 swap, '76 BMW 2002, 1st Gen RX7, old Honda Accord Wagon, with head decked and I did a port and polish job on it in high school. Most recently just sold my old Outback when it it 250k miles, kept that stock. Have an old Suburban that's used sparingly to haul ****, and daily driver I purchased a new car for the first time, 2016 Fiesta ST. Love it. I moonlight a lot so having a payment wasn't a big deal, and like everything else, I'll keep until 200,000 miles.

Members don't see this ad :)
^Dang, now that's a busy car with that much miles in just 4 years.

I finally switched out my 1996 Honda Accord couple years ago with a 2006 Acura TL. Bought my Accord 12 years ago for $5k working weekends cleaning tables in high school. Now on my 2nd car in 14 years and looking to get a bit more updated/frequent in my car ownership once I finally start a real job and pay off my loans.

As many have mentioned and have some great looking cars. I've been mostly a internet/eBay car shopper and forum peruser. Older rides do have more of my tastes such as a S2000, or a C5 Z06, or a E46 M3.

Reactions: 1 user
The Pacifica finally bit it. I'm moving on up....to a 2006 Volkswagen CC with 153k miles lol. (Freebie from dad).

Still torn on attending cars, but curently it's a batle between 2014 mustang GT and a Toyota Tacoma.

^Dang, now that's a busy car with that much miles in just 4 years.

I finally switched out my 1996 Honda Accord couple years ago with a 2006 Acura TL. Bought my Accord 12 years ago for $5k working weekends cleaning tables in high school. Now on my 2nd car in 14 years and looking to get a bit more updated/frequent in my car ownership once I finally start a real job and pay off my loans.

As many have mentioned and have some great looking cars. I've been mostly a internet/eBay car shopper and forum peruser. Older rides do have more of my tastes such as a S2000, or a C5 Z06, or a E46 M3.

I'm right there with you. I'd love to have a Torch Red C5 Z06 in the stable one day. It's amazing how much value for money you get when purchasing these modern classics.

The Pacifica finally bit it. I'm moving on up....to a 2006 Volkswagen CC with 153k miles lol. (Freebie from dad).

Still torn on attending cars, but curently it's a batle between 2014 mustang GT and a Toyota Tacoma.

Can't beat a free CC! I enjoyed mine until the DSG mechatronic (TCU) crapped out.

I vote Toyota Tacoma.

Had a chance to do a quick glance by of the car park at the old clinic I used to attend the other day. Majority of the vehicles were Pajero/Jeep/Off Road types, then a smattering of your bog standard Holden and Ford type sedans, with only one muscle/sports type car that I could see at least. The seeming plethora of off road vehicles leads me to conclude that a heck of a lot of mental health professionals must just regularly experience the urge to go bush..."Eff this, I'm outta here!" *hoons off into the scrub somewhere*

i drove a 1994 camry. hit my head against side window in an accident and got a concussion that impacted my work/school. since then i drive a 2012 camry. stability control and side impact airbags.

Only a medical student but I currently drive a Fiat 500, which I really like. I always figured that when I finally have some money as an attending I might upgrade to the Abarth. I like cars, but I've always liked boats more so it's unlikely that I would pour tons of money into a car as my luxury hobby.

Attendings / graduating residents with a contract -- highly recommend a BMW business lease. Excellent cars, attractive lease payments, 3 year no hassle guarantees. Lease on my 335 is up this month, and I had zero problems with that car for the least three years. Just ordered an electric car from another manufacturer as I will need to do some commuting in the HOV lanes here - if it weren't for that, I'd have gotten another BMW.

The BMW dealer here will drive a loaner car to your office, swap your keys for theirs and take you car to the dealer for the included maintenance/warranty work the car needs.

FYI, BMW no longer provides free maintenance.

When I become an attending, I am planning on getting an Audi A8, my dream car.

It sounds crazy, but I want to go in the opposite direction: I want to get rid of my car. It's an expensive thing that only depreciates in value! Where I live and work, I can get away with walking/public transporting/biking/ubering to work. The downside is that it's harder to get around if my fiancee and I have a kid in the next few years...

^^^Now that's the White Coat Investor / MMM spirit!

My frugality/financial side agrees with you on not getting that new BMW. My compromise is an older sports car instead of the latest and greatest. For those days when I need to experience a dose of luxur/exoticness/ultra powerful machines...I'll likely just rent it (Turo, Hertz Dream Cars....)