What Makes You Better Than the Average Psychiatrist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AD04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have a non-conventional background prior to becoming a psychiatrist?

Did you take a non-conventional path in your career as a psychiatrist?

Do you have a rare skill?

If so, please share how your non-conventional background or path or skill shaped you as a psychiatrist. Bonus points if it gave you an edge (more effective treatment, money, sex appeal, whatever) over the average psychiatrist. I'll even give you a like if you wow me (so feel free to brag).

And since everyone is above average (or feels above average), all are welcome to share.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
sex appeal...over the average psychiatrist.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's because I'm smarter than the average psychiatrist. I'm always in the ranger's hair. At a picnic table you will find me there, stuffing down more goodies than the average psychiatrist.

Reactions: 6 users
My psychopharmacology brings all the patients to my clinic,
And they are like, I’m better than you.
Damn right, I’m better than you.
I could teach you, but I’d have to charge.

My psychopharmacology brings all the patients to my clinic,
And they are like, I’m better than you.
Damn right, I’m better than you.
I could teach you, but I’d have to charge.

I know you want my psychopharmacology
The thing that makes me
What the patients go crazy for
They lose their minds without it
The way I write it
I think it's time

Reactions: 8 users
My M.C. Hammer pants.

Reactions: 5 users
As a govt employee, I'm better than my colleagues because I show up on time and then proceed to perform my job duties for the day.

Reactions: 6 users
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I think you got lost. You're looking for Wall Street Oasis. =)

Reactions: 1 user
Have a heart and care

Reactions: 1 user