What material do you recommend to study for CPLEE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

last_unicorn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently took the EPPP and passed. I'm now in the market for material to study the CPLEE.

A friend of mine has some psych prep material from 2018 and I'm wondering if that material would be enough to take and pass the CPLEE.

For those who took the CPLEE recently, what material did you use? Do you recommend to buy the psych prep (audio, book, quizzes) or, in your experience, do you think it would be safe to use the 2018 psych prep material?

Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you searched CPLEE in here? This gets brought up every year, so there are older threads that cover this.

I used hand me down Psychprep materials (written plus like one audio disk that came with it)? I had no practice tests because the person who’d had the materials before me had already accessed those. I passed. It was tricky because the question content wasn’t always covered by the practice materials, but it ended up fine. I recall one piece of info being outdated in the study materials so I wrote it on my written materials.

So yes, Psychprep is fine, and 2-3 years old should be fine EXCEPT there have been a few regulatory changes since then regarding psychological assistants and a few other areas, so you need to read the BOP regulation changes on their site to update yourself because the written materials will have a tiny bit of outdated info.

Thank you! I look at my material and it looks like I only have some PowerPoints from 2018 and all the written material is from 2015. Would you study psych prep material from 2015 to take the CPLEE in 2021?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, just make sure you keep abreast of the changes since 2015 on the BOP's website. I think my materials were from that year.

Cool!
Thank you!!!
This makes me feel better. I have been wrestling with the idea of spending 350 in the CPLE.