What MCAT score do I need for USC

Started by Cjc555777
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cjc555777

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My dream school would be Keck USC out in california. I go to Northeastern University and I'm a biochemistry major. I have a 3.93 GPA, 3.96 science and 3.75 non-science. I worked in a genetics lab on campus last summer and I'm currently working (and have been for the past 6 months) in a locomotion lab on campus. This summer I'm hopefully interning at Biogen Idec and hopefully this fall I'll be interning at Brown Med School doing research on autism. For EC I'm involved in clubs such as Biochem, Neuroscience, Amnesty International, and Pre-med club. Also, I volunteer at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in the emergency department, at an assisted living home, I coach a kid's soccer team every summer and fall, I help out at this inner city outreach program for kids dealing with gang violence, I'm a tutor at my school and tutor a variety of chem and bio classes, And I also have a part time job in a catering firm. I think I saw that the average accepted to USC was a 33 but I just want some opinions on what I should be aiming for on my MCAT. Oh, and I am from MA and i've heard CA schools are picky...

Sorry this is so long, it's just that it's my dream school and I really want to go there.
 
My dream school would be Keck USC out in california. I go to Northeastern University and I'm a biochemistry major. I have a 3.93 GPA, 3.96 science and 3.75 non-science. I worked in a genetics lab on campus last summer and I'm currently working (and have been for the past 6 months) in a locomotion lab on campus. This summer I'm hopefully interning at Biogen Idec and hopefully this fall I'll be interning at Brown Med School doing research on autism. For EC I'm involved in clubs such as Biochem, Neuroscience, Amnesty International, and Pre-med club. Also, I volunteer at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in the emergency department, at an assisted living home, I coach a kid's soccer team every summer and fall, I help out at this inner city outreach program for kids dealing with gang violence, I'm a tutor at my school and tutor a variety of chem and bio classes, And I also have a part time job in a catering firm. I think I saw that the average accepted to USC was a 33 but I just want some opinions on what I should be aiming for on my MCAT. Oh, and I am from MA and i've heard CA schools are picky...

Sorry this is so long, it's just that it's my dream school and I really want to go there.


If the average accepted is a 33, you want to aim a little higher than that. Check out AAMC'S MSAR for more concrete numbers.. and best of luck with your application. The rest of it looks solid!
 
you need as high as possible....like you would for every school. Theres no magic score that gets you in. You could score a 38 and still be rejected. While you could get a 29 and still be accepted....why do people think theres a magic number? Do your best then apply and hope you get in.