What MCAT score to they look at?

Started by dganaden
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dganaden

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the MCAT last year, but did not apply. I was wondering if I took the MCAT in Aug, and applied in June, will they wait till they get my score from the AUG test? Or will the judge me off of the one I took last year?
 
dganaden said:
I took the MCAT last year, but did not apply. I was wondering if I took the MCAT in Aug, and applied in June, will they wait till they get my score from the AUG test? Or will the judge me off of the one I took last year?

I think if you indicate that you'll be taking the Aug MCAT then most schools will wait for your Aug. results to pop in before proceeding.
 
On a side note to this question...do schools usually take the most recent MCAT score or do they average them out or take the best of your scores like the SAT???? I've heard mixed answers on this one. It's not that important, i just wanted to know
 
BaylorGuy said:
On a side note to this question...do schools usually take the most recent MCAT score or do they average them out or take the best of your scores like the SAT???? I've heard mixed answers on this one. It's not that important, i just wanted to know
I applied to 10 schools this year and it seemed like they only cared about the most recent scores from april 2004.