Medical What medical schools just look at last two years/last certain amount of credits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long Story Short: First two years: 2.56 cGPA over 65 credits. Last two years (at different college): cGPA 3.9 over 130 credits (yes, my school was super generous to me to let me take so many credits). Are there any medical schools that will just look at last two years? Thanks!
Wayne State for sure, but here are schools that reward reinvention. You will need the MCAT to be 513+
Columbia

Vandy

Dartmouth

BU

Duke

Pitt

Mayo

Mt Sinai

Keck (maybe)

UCSF

EVMS

U Miami

Hofstra

Emory

Jefferson

Drexel

Albany

Tufts

NYMC

Your state schools

Rush

Loyola

Rosy Franklin

Tulane

Wake

MCW

SLU

Creighton

Wayne State

Netter

NYU.LI

Any DO program. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Members don't see this ad.

Really, Mayo, Dartmouth, Vandy, Duke? Those are like the most elite medical schools in our country. Would I really have a shot with a 3.5 cGPA overall but this amount of reinvention (assuming with an acceptable MCAT)?
That's why I gave you that list. But for Mayo, Duke, Vandy, you'll need a 517+

Long Story Short: First two years: 2.56 cGPA over 65 credits. Last two years (at different college): cGPA 3.9 over 130 credits (yes, my school was super generous to me to let me take so many credits). Are there any medical schools that will just look at last two years? Thanks!

there are very few schools that will look just at the last two years, but your improvement will not go unnoticed by a great many schools. Your state schools will be your best bet, and make sure that you apply to DO schools in addition to MD schools. Use your total cGPA as a guide to where you should be applying, and any schools with averages above that will be considered reach schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.